i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

just telling you all helped, that makes you all awesome

so i did it. just now. i called kaiser and made an appointment. i used the fact that i still don't have a lot of feeling my thumb, well, the right side of it lengthwise, anyway, as a buffer for the call. i've been needing to deal with that for a while anyway, and it made the call easier.

i went with the appointment a bit farther out, so that i could finally meet my primary care doctor. i just don't generally go to the doctor, so it's been two years and i've not met her. i figured that since this might turn into a continuing care type situation, i may as well meet the lady who will be dealing with me and all that that implies.

i could never begin to express what all of your support in regard to my last post meant to me. why it felt safe to tell you all, i have no idea. i suppose i just wanted you all to know that i am a real person. i know that you KNOW that, but i kind of wanted to let you in. not only did i receive more support than i could have imagined in my comments, but i also got two amazing emails from people that really spoke to me.

kay... let's talk treatment for a minute. to the two of you unafraid to discuss dietary options, you are my heroines. this is actually my preferred method of treatment, and i imagine a not too distant future full of conversations with both of you (as a matter of fact, you both live north of the columbia from me, so maybe i'll take you both to lunch when i'm ready to try that method.). for now though, i think i need immediate help, and i feel REALLY good about admitting that. it's odd, i always figured if i did something like this, i'd need it to be private. as it turns out, i need you all. praise God for all of you. and i mean it.

okay, i need to get going... i'm taking the spawn to the free movies (thank you regal for caring about families) with the sister and her fam. how lovely. then i'm going to see some kittens, compliments of breanna.

and because we are all voyeuers to some extent (or we wouldn't be reading each others blogs), here's a picture of the guest room mattress on the living room floor. you do what you gotta do when the internal temp in your home is over a hundred (it didn't register on my thermostat, so i don't know how over, probably only 101, but still...). yes, that's my girl child on the mattress, so you finally get to meet her. the boy child was upstairs in the shower, cause, you know, boys stink.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

11 flattering compliments:

Blogger Paula gushed...

I just love you, that's all. I have absolutely zero advice. I haven't been there, so I don't know. But I do know that I think you are super-great, and I'm glad that I get to be your friend! And I'm proud of you for being real in a very un-real world, and for having the courage to tell us what's really happening in your life.

7/25/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger Jason Hill gushed...

"Boys stink" 'nuff said.

You never cease to amaze me. And although I have no wisdom or advise to share I am rooting for you. I've also been asking the Big Guy to keep a special watch over you.

7/25/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

You're going to get a KITTEN??? :)

I love you! And please fix your MSN Messenger. Again.

7/25/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 gushed...

I haven't read any blogs in the last four days or so, and just caught up on your whole situation.

I applaude you for being so forthcoming about taking hold of whatever type of depression you think you may have. I don't have much personal experience, so there's not much advice I can give. But I can tell you that BSC and I are here to support you in whatever way we can.

And yes, boys stink.

7/25/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Lori Ann gushed...

good for you!

what? boys stink? I thought it was just my house...

peace to you.

7/25/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger arwen gushed...

you do know that he's not actually showering, right?...

sorry. inappropriate.

You do need us! That's why we're a blogmunity, Kid! The best way to get help and support from friends is to ask for it ♥

7/25/2006 12:49 PM  
Blogger arwen gushed...

... but gross. the pic of frankenthumb freaked my freak out. Made my tummy go 2-46. I don't do well with stitches.... or scabs... or any sort of injury related skin raising...

7/25/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Kaisa gushed...

I think the first call is the hardest one to make. As someone who is in and out of the doctor, I fully understand and also applaud you for doing something about it. I, too, have been in that similar situation (and my house is the first thing I let go.) I hope it goes well for you, and I'm praying for you.

7/25/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Jolene gushed...

Praying for you, dear!

7/26/2006 4:09 AM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

Hey, I didn't comment on your earlier post but I know what you all re doing takes a lot of courage. Personally, I feel it is better to walk away than to fight some things out. Looking forward to seeing you all sometime.

7/26/2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

i feel so behind . . . i haven't been reading (or even hardly posting!) blogs for a good long while . . .

i heart you.

8/16/2006 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home