i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

because you wanted to see it

for mia - the super blurry cd collection

(this represents about two thirds of it... the other third is strewn about the house and cars)



for gina - my closet, in two halves

(gina... the polka dotted dress is the one i wore to jr./sr.)





for jason - the tolstoy room

from two angles! (and as i take the pictures really-and-for-truly as is, there is even a dirty wash cloth in the sink!)





for anonymous - my sock drawer

which is really my sock/underwear/bra/camisole/tights drawer and i never organize it.

(by the way, anonymous, i really like your poetry)



for janni laine - my lipstick blot and my ear





for breanna - kind of my favorite snacking food

(i am not currently in possesion of my real favorite, so you get to see some things that i kind of like, a nectarine, sunflower seeds, pickles and colored marshmallows, which should be spelled marshmellows, as mallow sounds yicky)



for rebecca - my favorite place to sit while watching television



for sarah - my silverware drawer



for punkin - the console of my car

since you didn't specify what messy area you'd like... you get this. you're lucky you didn't get me on a level ten sarcasm day, i'd've given you the inside of my trash can. (and i know you said "part of your house" but these days, i practically live in my car, and i just cleaned house this morning...)



arrivederci, rebecca marie

28 flattering compliments:

Blogger Sarah gushed...

You taking requests?

Can we have a pic of your silverware drawer please.

7/16/2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

Hey, I've seen worse. You should see my mom's car.

7/16/2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger Lori Ann gushed...

kmiv, I can't believe you said that. Bad son.

7/16/2006 9:46 PM  
Blogger Rebecca gushed...

This is kinda weird because I can see any of your stuff whenever I want so will you show me your favorite spot to sit when watching TV?

Thank you very much.

7/16/2006 10:31 PM  
Blogger emilykaypeters gushed...

That was fun to see in the life of Rebecca Marie. we'll be headed that way shortly. I'm so excited!!!

7/17/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger Rebecca gushed...

Hmmm. Good to know. I've never known where your spot is. You know? Everyone has one. :) Mine is the spot I was sitting in last night.

7/17/2006 11:37 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i know exactly what you mean! honestly, it was hard to decide which spot to take a picture of, that corner, or my computer desk, because so often my "television" viewing is netflixin' it at the computer with my head phones and my knitting.

emily - it will be so nice to meet you in person! is there anything you'd like to see?

7/17/2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger breanna gushed...

i would like to see your favorite snacking food please.

7/17/2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

Remember when I used to be afraid to throw away my lipstick blots at work because I suspected the janitor was stealing them? Well, now I would like to see your lipstick blot on a napkin.

And your ear, please.

Thank you.

7/17/2006 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

SOCK DRAWER!!!!

7/17/2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Rebecca gushed...

At least anonymous is able to communicate with authority and conviction.

7/17/2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger Jason Hill gushed...

Am I the only person curious about the Tolstoy room? (Unoccupied, of course.)

7/17/2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

You have two kids and you manage to keep your house that clean?

Do you have a magic wand or a fairyhousekeeper?

7/17/2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

Oh, but you do have pretty silverware. It makes me really ashamed of my silverware drawer - it's the truth.

7/17/2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

sarah - will it make you feel any better if i tell you i didn't get this silverware till about three years ago?

punkin - it's just that no one has asked for any of the messy places, specifically, yet. i'm actually suspect of any mother whose house is too clean. i always wonder, "at what cost?"

7/17/2006 7:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown gushed...

Am I too late to request your bedroom closet? I'm pretty sure that's the messiest place in any house...except maybe Oprah's, but her closet is bigger than my living room.

7/18/2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Jason Hill gushed...

Thanks RM. A candle-light poo? I never thought of that!

7/18/2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown gushed...

Dang. That's pretty impressively organized. Our closet is huge--probably twice as big as our last bathroom, and it's still messy.

I can't see your Jr/Sr dress clearly, but it seems to be spookily similar to the one I wore to the Sweetheart's Banquet my junior year with my super-cute Canadian date. (Mine was long-sleeved black satin on the top and sheer white with black polka dots over a full petticoat on the bottom.) My mom made mine, and sadly it looked better on the hanger than it did on me, even though I was a cute little size 6 back then. I think the skirt hit at the wrong place and made me look like I had a thick waist.

7/18/2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Jess gushed...

YOu do have nice silverware.

As a mom of only one (extremely active, but still just one) I too am impressed with how clean your house is. My hat is off to you Rebecca Marie.

7/18/2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger Jess gushed...

Also, someday I shall meet you. Maybe at Renovatus?

7/18/2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

jess - at any given moment at least a third if not half of my house is destroyed. i promise. it's just that no one has asked for anything messy yet... i promise i'm snapping the picture as soon as i read the request.

also, i'm fairly chomping at the bit to meet you, too. maybe if i don't make it up to renovatus soon, we could just get together, i'm cool like that. i'm easy to hang out with sight unseen.

(perhaps an outside movie on saturday? madagascar is at a local park...)

7/18/2006 9:15 PM  
Blogger Jess gushed...

Saturday is a not going to work. I have a wedding I am doing the make-up for and then my sister is coming over. (Remember the sister who messed up the last movie?? Yeah, she is still here and so a lot of time is being spent being with her before she leaves for another year) Maybe she would want to see it...Hmmm...interesting. You could email me and give me the details...I'll let you know

LONGEST. Comment. EVER.

7/19/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i just looked, and the park that it's at is way the suck. i don't feel like going way the suck. at first i said "well, if i was willing to go to esther short..." but when i read the driving directions to feyrer, i realized that esther short is only way. i'm willing to go way, even, in some circumstances, way the. but i am not willing to go way the suck for a movie i can rent.

the end.

7/19/2006 1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

OH OH OH!!! Can I request something still??? I wanna see the CD collection. You know you wanna.

7/20/2006 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

Woo! Your collection is so much more organized than mine is...mine is more like 1/3 in piles around the house, 1/3 in the car, and 1/3 in anal retentive alphabetical order in CD towers. I'm a conundrum. ;-)

7/21/2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger Alan gushed...

Amateurs...you call that a CD collection.......ha. Ask Rebecca about mine.....nanner nanner nanner

7/21/2006 5:32 PM  
Blogger Rebecca gushed...

dad, you need to get yours out of the boxes and out so people can look at them. Perhaps you could take a picture of yours. I've already told RM that she needs to come and have a lookie.

7/21/2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

for real, rebecca's dad, for real. she has been telling me for months that i should see your music collection. i'm fairly green with envy.

7/22/2006 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home