i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Friday, June 09, 2006

because you wanted to know

here are some things that i want.

i want less simulations on commercials. for real. just get a smoker or something, someone with yeller teeth and put the white strips on them for two weeks and show us the before and after. even if it is less drastic than the simulation, i'll be more likely to buy it. or a real kid with a scar. let us see if maderma or whatever it is actually works. go into a real house with a grodie shower and use your misty spray for two weeks and then show us. stop with the simulations already.

i want mtv to play coolio's fantastic voyage video once a day, preferably once an hour.

i want the prop people to put actual purse type things in prop purses. seriously. tampons, kleenex (used), gum wrappers, lotion, an old cracked wallet, four or five weeks worth of church bulletins, seventeen tubes of lipstick. i'm sick of seeing brand new looking purses containing nothing but prop cell phones. the actresses have to hold the purse waaaay up by their face so that we can't see that the obviously empty purse isn't empty and then riffle around the air making it look like they can't find their phone. just have purse crap in there, for craps sake.

i want andes mints after every meal at every restaurant. mcdonalds, old chicago, mike's drive in... not just the olive garden. i even want them with my fortune cookies (fyi... i recently got the following fortune - you may be hungry soon: order a takeout now).

i want t-shirts to be longer. not because i'm round, just because i'm so tired of seeing butt cracks. no, the answer is not higher jeans. the low ones are more flattering. period.

i want fuji apples to be seventy-nine cents a pound or less, forever.

i want bosom buddies back on the air.

okay, i think that is it for now. keep in mind, this is by no means a comprehensive list.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

19 flattering compliments:

Blogger Lori Ann gushed...

Yea, longer t-shirts. I also like lower jeans they are more flattering.
I also want Ben and Jerry's to quit taking my favorite ice cream off and then on the shelf again. So what if I am the only one who likes it. (oatmeal cookie) yea I know it sounds blaht, but it is sooo good!\

6/09/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Kristi gushed...

I want maternity pants that stay up (I've blown out the side seams of two pairs pulling them up so often - flattering thought, I know). And I want maternity shirts that are long enough to cover the silly different colored band at the top of the pants. Why do they do that? Make the band the same shade as the pants or with cool sparkles or a pattern or something.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest...

6/09/2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

I want Salt Water sandals in every color. Even the flowered ones.

and I also want US Magazine to be a daily publication instead of weekly.

6/09/2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i want to be able to wear turtlenecks year round because it never gets warmer than 65.

i want pedicures to be ten dollars.

i want more than one grey hair. i'm 32 and i've earned them.

6/09/2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i want to be able to say the word archives in my head and have it sound right. when i say it aloud, i always pronounce it "ahr-kives," but when i say it in my head i say either "ahr-chives," or "ahr-key-vays."

6/09/2006 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

lol on the "archives" thing. I do that with the word "colonel". I know it is pronounced "ker-nel", but when I say it in my head...I am dying to say "cah-len-al" Drives me nuts. I've even accidentally said it outloud before & felt like a complete idiot. Glad to know my brain is not alone in screwing up words.

6/09/2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

Well actually, I've noticed that right now longer shirts ARE in style. I haven't seen any too-short shirts in awhile (in the stores).

What's the bosom buddies show?

Also, I think you're on to something with the commercial thing... reality TV is such the thing right now... I wonder why they haven't translated that over to commercials yet. Too bad you're not in advertising, you could become the next big thing!

6/10/2006 7:09 AM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

I want to be able to eat a charbroiled mushroom swiss burger and a medium (not small!!) Butterfinger blizzard at Dairy Queen once a week and not to have to work it off my thighs.

I also want to be able to draw like RM.

And I want a baby sooner than I thought. I want to be able to afford the baby too.

6/10/2006 6:07 PM  
Blogger arwen gushed...

I think that this proves that we are kindred spirits or something. The Fuji apple part sealed the deal.

I also think that I feel strange for thinking that you were of Asian decent. I stalked you through TJ on MySpace and felt rather deceived upon seeing your pictures. I guess I deserved it though, for the Raj thing and all...

6/10/2006 9:23 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

you can think i'm asian all you want. it's happened before. i'm actually italian. sicilian, specifically. well, that's what i claim at any rate, there are other things in me, as well.

but in regard to the picture that you based your judgement on, i've been told that 1) i look asian (by my chinese friend sarah and i guess she knows asians, and 2) that i look severely asian.

so you are in good company.

that other asian looking girl that you'll see in my comments often, janni laine, she's my biological sister, therefore not asian, either.

6/10/2006 9:28 PM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

I want Quantum Leap and the A Team to come back on television.

6/11/2006 7:49 AM  
Blogger Nicole gushed...

Amen to the low rise pants. They are WAY more flattering than high or even mid-rised ones. Tell everyone that you know in their 20's, 30's or even 40's to not be afraid of this!!It really is a GOOD thing!

I want to go up to random people on the street or people I even know and give them on the spot makeovers!

I also want thighs like Anna's! Hee Hee!!:)

6/11/2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 gushed...

Yes, I agree that low-rise pants are more flattering, but there are always exeptions to the rule:

If you wear low-rise pants, they must be the right size. If they are too small, you get the overflowing of hip fat bulging out for all to see. If they are too big, you are bound to see some butt crack.

*I would also like to see the Coolio music video on TV more often. That CD rocked my world until my mom discovered it in my collection and threw it away in the 9th grade.

6/12/2006 9:04 AM  
Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

The gals at my work and I have 2 funny ways to say.....

Coin Slot: the small amount of crack that shows on girls with pants too low.

Muffin Top: the round squishy fat that pops out of too small low rise jeans.

hee hee~

6/12/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Ryan Woods gushed...

I like the A Team

6/12/2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

while putting away my clothes the other day, i noticed that target (where most of my clothes are from . . . sad) has been making longer shirts. this is nice.

they make especially long "layering tanks" that you can wear under stuff . . . they are super long.

i guess that's all.

6/13/2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

never compete with a sicilian when death is on the line!

6/13/2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

and:

thong
+ low rise pants
- longer tee
= supergross

ok, i'll take a comment-break now.

6/13/2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown gushed...

RM, you are in luck! You want Bosom Buddies? All you have to do is develop insomnia and watch Nick at Nite (might be TV Land, but I think it's Nick) at, like, 4 in the morning. Check your local listings.

Also, I love that I'm not the only one calling the bulgy hip fat Muffin Tops! I felt like I was trying to import that phrase from England (where I learned it) all by my lonesome. And also? Coin slot! Hee!

6/19/2006 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home