i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

this one time? at church camp?

we all had crushes on the bonner boys. face it. we did. not so much todd (sorry todd, you were just too young) for me, but trey for sure. he was dreamy. he had this beautiful blonde hair, parted in the middle and feathered like i liked. and he wore button fly 501's and izod polo shirts and DECK SHOES WITH NO SOCKS. he was hot. well, i met him for the first time the summer between grade six and seven and by the end of the summer he. was. mine.

i still remember sitting on vancouvers t-n-t bus and holding hands with him... he was one of those good hand holders... all finger lacie and using the other arm to reach over and rub your fore-arm. dude had moves.

i remember pretending to be one hundred percent happy that i was going to go to disney land for my twelfth birthday, when really i was only about seventy five percent happy, because it meant i was leaving trey behind. i still remember the souvenier i bought him when i was gone. oh trey... why did it have to end.

oh right... cause i had to move on to jeff morrow and nathan wheeler... grade seven was a good year, but i digress.

what made me think of trey was a comment gina made on her brother ty's blog about the coveted bonner boys. then, just a few days later, breanna posted this entry about the dreaded midnight hike which promted me to comment (a typotastic comment, i might add) about my midnight hike memories. anyway... this was all a really long way of telling you about this super cool guy from my past that i had not thought of in years. as a matter of fact, i think it's been fifteen years (yes, since highschool, i'm that old) since i've laid eyes on him.

so imagine my surprise when i was with breanna at costco on friday afternoon and TREY BONNER WAS THERE.

it freaked my freak out. and i told him so.

and for those of you who had crushes on the coveted bonner boys? todd's in the airfoce and has a wife and three kids and trey is still local (camas, washington) and has a wife and two kids.

have i mentioned i'm glad i married my dream guy? since the bonner boys are taken anyway.



(i'm not really, my fella really is my dream guy. ask anyone who knows me in real life, i've got me a keeper.)

arrivederci, rebecca marie

10 flattering compliments:

Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

Seriously? Seriously!

That would be like me running into... um...

Wait! I'll think of one that amazing... just a sec...

Why you gotta be so impatient? I'm thinking...

6/04/2006 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

I just have to tell you...I saw your post on a friend of mine's blog..Stephanie...so I clicked on your link. The whole "freaked my freak out" is a riot. Too funny. I've never heard anyone say that & it's hilarious!

6/05/2006 7:47 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Andrea Wood gushed...

I had a crush that went on for years! DJ Mattis with his blonde bowl cut- I thought he was dreamy! It was weird enough seeing him a few years after he moved away and we were in high school. I remember being excited to see him and thinking that maybe this time he would realize how much he loved me but instead he brought his girlfriend and she was (from what I could tell in the 8 minutes I talked to her) totally unworthy.

I do wonder what he is up to now that you mention it.

6/06/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

todd was a counselor at my church camp when i was in maybe 4th grade or something . . . maybe 5th. anyway, i cut my feet up during the flour bomb war and they got all nasty in the river and stuff and he had to carry me to the nurse's station.


.:le sigh:.

also? my work has blocked me from myspace and photobucket and pink is the new blog!!! whatamigunnado????

6/09/2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger Mike Lewis gushed...

RMW said: "it freaked my freak out."

Is that like the Smurfs saying, "it smurfed my smurf out."?
--
I remember girls I liked growing up...never got a one of them. I do remember the summer after my first year at Cascade...losing weight, got contacts, grew a gotee comprised of awesome, dressed better. I came home from school and one of those girls was drooling at the sight of Big Daddy Mike, but I played it smooth and acted totally uninterested...it was also made up of awesome!

Revenge is...um...awesome.

6/12/2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

indeed, revenge is fun. but the Lord sayeth it is His, so i'm glad my friends are the type who think that being basicall awesome, and comprised of awesome and all the good looking are revenge enough. i'd hate to be friends with the raping/murdering/pillaging type of revengers. avengers? whatever. glad you look real awesome now, mike.

but as far as my coveted bonner boy goes, i didn't feel vengeful, just happy for him. i did, after all, break. his. heart.

6/12/2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger Mike Lewis gushed...

For the record: I don't think they would be so impressed with the well-fed, married Big Mike.

I always tell people that I need to live on campus for a year so that I can lose weight again.

6/15/2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger Mathias and Craig Families gushed...

Are you who I think you are? Becky-use-to-be-Holden? I feel a little silly writing that on a comment but if you are I never knew you as Rebecca Marie. Anyway, I saw your comments on Gina's blog & thought it may be you. I do, in fact remember the Bonner boys, though my longest running Camp Yamhill crush was the infamous Wade Edwards. From 3rd grade all the way into high school, oh the memories of skipping rocks & moonlight hikes where he was a counselor & I, a lowly camper. The last time I saw him was at least 8 years ago. It'd be fun running into him again though, see if any of his kiddos have his blond curls! Wendy-use-to-be-Craig

6/15/2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

yes wendy!!! this is becky-used-to-be-holden!!! clearly you didn't get my obscene "oh my word this is becky-used-to-be-holden" comment over at your blog!

so nice to have found each other.

p.s. i'd REALLY like to see you. soon. email me, rebecca-marie@hotmail.com

and yet another p.s... the rebecca marie winters thing is simply a facade.

6/15/2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

oh wait... one more p.s. for wendy-used-to-be-craig.

his oldest daughter is the spit of him... i'll show you. curls and all.

6/15/2006 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home