i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Friday, July 14, 2006

much ado about nothing

this one time i used to get my nails done by jeff gilooly's wife. you know, he's the one who was married to tanya harding and they paid some people to whack nancy kerrigan. anyway, he changed his name to jeff stone and he and his second wife, nancy nichole sharkey opened a salon in se portland called nancy nichole's and nancy used to do my nails and i always thought it was weird to be having a manicure and there's jeff gilooly, standing behind the counter, folding towells for the tanning bed.

there are a lot of annoying things, like warm toilet seats, emergency broadcast system tests, not having any a-1 when the mister just barbequed you up a nice piece of beef carcass, stuff like that. but nothing is annoying in the same way as trying to pull up your underoos when you're not quite all the way dry from your shower.

some awesome people and me and the mister and the spawn went to see harry potter and the sorcerers stone at esther short park the other day. some other people didn't. they suck*. and, cooincidentally, they missed a sweet hobo fight/make up hug. they also missed an awesome one liner by rebecca marie that i will not be repeating here (something about phase three in the hobo fight/make up hug fiasco).

rebecca was telling me about this blog that she reads where the person who writes it offered to take pictures of their life and post them. like, at readers requests. people asked to see stuff like, the inside of the blog owners fridge, or their favorite outfit. i thought that sounded like a real boss idea, so if there is something you want to see... just tell me. i'll show you. for reals.

for starters, here's the inside of my desk drawer, and part of my leg. you know, cause i'm sure you were curious.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

*they totally don't suck, i'm sure... not that i would know for sure, as they didn't allow me the priveledge of judging for myself. hopefully soon i'll be able to tell you with certainty.

15 flattering compliments:

Blogger Alan gushed...

Thank you for the picture. I was really curious about what you kept in your desk drawer and now I don't have to worry about it. I may even get some sleep now seeing it is nearly midnight while I am typing this comment.

Now I don't want to alarm you but I don't think it is natural to keep ones desk drawer so neat. I've heard that you could like freak out or something. So I am hoping you only cleaned it up for the picture..kinda like you know company is coming over so you like put away things that have been laying around the living room for a week.

Now, you do have my curiosity, knowing it could kill a cat, what the 4 things are in the lower left hand corner of the picture next to the pink pearl and pencil tip erasers. You know what I'm talkin bout...the red/pink, orange, yellow, and green thingies.

I won't mention your leg cause I'm like married for almost a hundred years and I'm not supposed to notice legs and things on ladies.

Pop O'Rebecca

7/15/2006 12:04 AM  
Blogger arwen gushed...

i'm going to defend those that "suck" by explaining WHY they did not come to the movie.

The kids were fully prepared to come to Bum Fight Movie Night Wednesday. we were going to Group it up at Roni's and go see the movie after. But it rained all day, so we fingerd that the movie would be canceled. we were due to be at Roni's at 6:30. at 4:45, Girl's sister calls and says "oh yeah... um... remember when sister who has been in Australia for a year and a half and has never even met your son was supposed to come in tomorrow at 8?"
"Yes..." Girl replies
"Wellll.... her travel lady got it wrong and she's on the plane right now and she's going to be here at 7:00 TONIGHT!"

So you see, the kids really had no choice. Jillian hasn't been home in over a year and she's never even SEEN Jones and he's almost a year old.
So we'd appreciate it if you laid off...

7/15/2006 12:39 AM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

Too tidy!!

Show something messy to make us slobs out here feel better! ;)

I just cleaned one of my desks for the first time in over a year. I was proud to have the notepads and paper clips and pennies and push pins all in their little corners. But alas, it won't last long.

7/15/2006 7:22 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

arwen - exactly why i added the * part.

i'm sure they furiously rock.

7/15/2006 8:33 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

alan - those are mini highlighters. and no, i'm sorry, i didn't clean that drawer just for the picture... i promise... just ask your precious daughter and she'll tell you that at any given moment in my home there are REALLY clean parts and REALLY messy parts.

punkin - just ask, what would you like to see, i promise i will NOT pre-tidy. my life is an open book.

7/15/2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown gushed...

We used to live next to Tanya Harding. Not the Tanya Harding, another one . . . but the reporters evidently didn't know the difference.

7/15/2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

OK, there is so much to comment on but I will amen the "no steak sauce" after you fix a juicy steak. That sucks too.

Ron

7/15/2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

I have a hard time keeping my fridge clean. The condiments are always multiplying and threatening a major revolution if I don't keep their numbers down. I usually like to buy a condiment for one meal and let it mingle with the other jars until its ingredients form something unrecognizable.

The cupboard beneath my bathroom sink is filled with toiletries that I never use. I think someone breaks into my house once a month and plants old cosmetics, bathing products and shampoo bottles with a teaspoon of liquid left in them. I also find things in twos and threes that I buy from Costco and routinely forget about. I feel sorry for any guest that wants to snoop in my bathroom. They’ll get an eyeful with any drawer or cupboard they open!

What’s a good example of a shockingly messy place in your house?

7/15/2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

I have that same mirror!!!

7/15/2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i'm not surprised sarah, we were after all separated at birth, as it turns out. heeee

7/15/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Ryan Woods gushed...

You just wait RM. I'll soon be posting a blog about how certian someones suck. You just wait. I'm going to go on and on and on and on about how terrible and evil (say evil like Dr Evil might) those certain someones are. I will then put a tiny weeny little * which leads to a teeny weeny comment at the very bottom about how I'm probably wrong about those certain someones.
You've broken my heart RM. Broken my frickin' heart.

-those who suck

7/15/2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

oooohhh! i'm so sorry! didn't you see the part where i said "hopefully soon i'll be able to tell you with certainty?"

hopefully was the key word. it's just that i was genuinely dissapointed. as in "hopefully someday soon i'll get to hang out with the fabulous woods," think like gradeschool when you mistreat the people you like to protect your own feelings.

i would choose my sister over practically ANYone on earth.

although, i would really like to read the post about how much i suck. i'm sure it will be histerical.

7/16/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Ryan Woods gushed...

it probably would be pretty funny considering I actually don't know you. I hear this weird rumor that your name is becca!

7/16/2006 4:28 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

close but no cigar. you could always call my cell phone and listen to the message....

odd that you don't know me, are planning an email about my high level of sucktitude, but you have the number to my dingwire...

7/16/2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

i had fun a HP.

also, your desk is quite organized!

8/16/2006 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home