i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Monday, November 21, 2005

commence sympathy

i cut myself real real bad. inside my thumb right above my thumb pit or whatever the webby part is called. i am not the worlds very best one-handed typer. i'm sure that the correct word is typist. i'm also sure that in the preceeding sentence the word typist should have been in quotes.

here is the part where you all pray that i don't have any nerve damage. there is concern, as i can't feel my thumb. well, i can feel it as far as i can tell wehn it is being touched, but it feels like it is asleep.

stitches are ugly but they don't hurt once you are numb. also, i don't have to worry aboit getting lockjaw for a decade. go tetanus shot.

aslo, i am very much right handed. and also here's to getting out of wasjing dishes on thanksgiving, every cloud has a silver lining.

final note - vicadin makes me feel like i'm in a well and people are shouting at me. i mean that it mskes thins sound like that.

here is a drawing i made of myhand. it is sincerely hard to draw on a touch pad with my left hand.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

night night, rebecca marie

9 flattering compliments:

Blogger Kristi gushed...

Oh my goodness! What happened?? Make up something good, if you need to. With my laser-like vision, I saw that a 300 lb linebacker was about to snatch the purse of a blue-haired elderly lady who was lying on a park bench with a broken hip...after he was on the ground with my mad tae-kwan-bo-boxing-ninja moves, his three foot machete caught the upper web-thingy part of my thumb...or something like that.

11/21/2005 11:18 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

he was more like 350....


(i was washing dishes and apparently didn't dry my hands before grabbing a jar we have the kids put contribution into at home fellowship. it slipped, i squeezed, explosion occured. booooooo)

(also, today i re-read my entry about it. wow. it is typotastic and just plain drug induced. but i'm leaving it, in all of it's glory.)

11/22/2005 6:44 AM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

ouchie!!!

Do you need someone to lend you a hand?

11/22/2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

i totally hurt for you! how yucky! hands are so very useful and we just don't appreciate them until we can't use them . . . i guess that goes for all of our body parts, huh?

11/22/2005 9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

Well.... now that you've once again proven that you can drive non-stop to california and back with a 3 year old in the car... you've also once again proven that you take after your father in that you're a natural born klutz! It is at least your right hand, so a very usable excuse for not being able to do the normal "mom" functions. I think it will be good practice for Shanna to have to wash the Thanksgiving dishes and wait on you hand and foot... mostly hand I suppose, since that's where your devistating injury accured. Oh.. did you get any real cool gruesome pics before the stitches???? Those could be good as a reminder of your natural inbred lack of coordination. Now about your one handed "typer" skills. I mean what's a left hand good for if you can't use it to balance your body or to type with when you're "good hand" is incapacitated... hmmm I've never written this long of a "comment" so I''ll stop now. love you darlin daughter of mine... heal quickly
-your dad

11/22/2005 6:09 PM  
Blogger Scrapping Dani gushed...

OUCH!!

Lucky you not having to do the Thanksgiving Day dishes.

I hope your finger feels better soon.

11/22/2005 10:01 PM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

I just have to say that I couldn't bring myself to actually read the post. Yes, that's right - I am commenting without reading the post. That may be a first. I just don't do blood....

Hope it feels better soon! :(

11/23/2005 6:22 AM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

Dads are so funny. Yours reminds me of my own.

I scolded mine one too many times for commenting on my blog- and sending me followup emails, especially when he was paying more attention to who was visiting then to my photos. He doesn't make comments anymore and I kinda miss that :(. Even if he was snooping...

Dads, ya gotta love 'em!

11/23/2005 8:29 AM  
Blogger superflywebpimp gushed...

i leave you alone for a while and you go and hurt yourself! i can see from your illustrated diagram that you just missed the tubercle of the lower trapezium palmer ligament. some forty weight ball bearings and a few guaze pads should do the trick. i would avoid archery for the next three to four weeks and remember to keep your arm fully extended over your head for eight months to get the blood flow back into the brain.

11/23/2005 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home