i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

it's the most wonderful time of the year

no i do not mean back to school. i mean football, oh heck yes.

i don't know if you know this or not, but i am a college football fan. the oregon ducks, specifically. they rocked the house so hard last saturday, it was all the awesome. let's just say that the score was a lot to not very many. a good time was had by all (well, not by the stanford fans, but whatever).

also, instead of trying to make this a funny post like i used to, i'm just going to tell you a bunch of stuff all in one sort of boring post. i mean, let me take a moment to quickly fill you in my very exciting life.

first of all, i am now on drugs. i told the doctor all of my everything and as it turns out, it's not depression, it is anxiety. which made a LOT of sense. so like when i shout at the kids (when they are playing loudly even though they aren't being naughty) that they are making me crazy, they are actually making me crazy. the noise is literally making me anxious and nervous. but, a lot of the symptoms of anxiety match those of depression, so when i was researching and trying to figure myself out, i assumed it was depression.

it's very odd for a person who has rarely experienced stress or nervousness of any kind to suddenly be faced with it. no wonder i had no idea how to deal with it! my doctor is very anti-meds, so that made me happy right away. i know she will not prescribe a cocktail of happy pills unless it will really benefit the skewed chemicals in my body. right on, doctor progressive, right on. so a happier, less hostile and yellie me is forthcoming.

finally, fergus is back! the most awesome cat of ever is back! my most amazing family staged a kitty intervention on my behalf. when i couldn't stop crying over losing him (which was not normal for me) they knew they needed to intervene. they went to the pet store (pet stores are from the devil, i never should have gone against my personal policy of animal rescue only) and bought him back. they said, basically, "do whatever it takes to make him healthy, but do NOT sell him to anyone else, you guys suck for selling him to her in the first place and you WILL make him better."

so for fifteen days they fed him some super weight builder kitty food and got him fat enough to medicate. he was seriously bad off. someone actually lost her job over the initial sale of him. she was told not to take him in to be sold (she did it anyway) then she was told to keep him off the sales floor until he was healthy (she sold him to me). so i don't feel bad that she lost her job, it was a form of animal cruelty to allow him to be sold to people uninformed about the poor condition of his health. so anyway, long story not as long as it could be, fergus is back thanks to my awesome family, and he is just as sweet as he was before, only this time he doesn't sleep as much, since he's no longer dying.

okay, i'll be done now. sorry i didn't give you anything to laugh at. oh wait, here;

how do you kill a circus? you go for the juggler.

there. now everyone is happy. oh, here's a drawing, too.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

p.s. this conversation just happened at the store (janni laine is my witness and everything, not that i could make this up, it's just too good):

me: i hate that woman (the one who got mad at me for "taking her cart")...
(big pause)
me: with the love of jesus, of course.
girl child: that makes baby jesus cry.
me: what i just said?
girl child: no... what that lady did.

11 flattering compliments:

Blogger Lori Ann gushed...

I like your duck feet!
glad that you are doing better.
hope we "see" you all one sunday!

9/07/2006 11:10 AM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

I want shoes like those! And also, more pics of Fergus the amazing living kitten. :)

9/07/2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you got a diagnosis (and one that makes sense to you!). If the first combo of drugs doesn't work right off the bat, that's okay too. But remember if you slide back a little bit here and there, that's normal.

Yer so darn cool and I'm glad you and the kitty are feeling mucho better~!!!

ducky rubs all around!!!

(I'm not really sure what those are, I kinda made 'em up on the spot to sound funny)

9/07/2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger breanna gushed...

it does make baby jesus sad. baby jesus says "thou shalt not steal another's cart, stupid lady"

fergus=warmheartfuzz

9/07/2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger arwen gushed...

OH. MY. GOD.
making baby jesus cry is SOOOO my thing to say. I totally stole it fair and square from Rod and/ or Todd Flanders and now, GirlSpawn has stolen it from me. But it's ok. I like your kid. She's a smart cookie.

9/08/2006 12:22 AM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 gushed...

Oooooh, college football is upon us. BSC can hardly sleep thinking about going to a Sooners game in person. Yeehaw!

9/08/2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Jessica gushed...

i watched that game. it was fantasmic!!!

9/08/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

first:
what was wrong with the kitty?
second:
your girl child kicks it!
third:
my co-worker is crazy! will i ever be free?

9/08/2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger arwen gushed...

GREAT BIG SAD FACE!

i just read the article you commented on Ty's post and I'm crying and now I'm a mess over a little panda cub....
Poor mama panda...
:(

9/09/2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger emilykaypeters gushed...

Anxiety is something that is hard to deal with if you have a normal life. I have a bit of it myself, but have yet to experience an attack that's gigantic. I'm sure I will when the baby comes. We'll be in Portland around the 18th through the end of the week. We'll have to hang out

9/11/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown gushed...

So many things in common, so many ways we're both awesome. Yay football season! Go Ducks! (I'm pretty sure the baby is going to decide to make his/her entry into the world during the Super Bowl. It would be just my luck, after seeing every SB since 1986. I suppose it would be fine as long as there's a TV in the delivery room--it would give me something to focus on. =P)

You don't even KNOW how happy I am to hear about healthy Fergus. I was sad for a long, long time after I read about how sick he was and how you'd had to give him up. It just broke my heart and took me back to how we felt when we thought we'd loose our tiny Panzer--we'd only loved him for two days and we were just devastated when the vet gave us so little hope for his survival. But he was a tough little guy and amazed everyone when he bounced back. Yay for tough little black kitties! Yay for fuzzy babies to snuggle and spoil!

9/12/2006 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home