i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Monday, August 28, 2006

update update update!

my computer has been resurrected!

i lost everything. no... literaly, everything. nothing that previously existed is there. i don't mean that i lost say, my resume. i lost word and every document created in word. i lost every photograph and four photo editing programs. i lost itunes and windows media player and every song in them. shall i continue or have i said enough that you are already grieving with me?

the one silver lining on this tremendous cloud is that because my friend john has doubled my memory like four times, i now have the fastest internet machine in the entire world (well, as fast as my dsl will get it, anyway).

i tried to watch gilmore girls last night, and i don't even have a dvd decoder anymore. i mean, i have one (and a cd burner, and lots of other stuff, too) but my operating system just can't see it. i found a free dvd decoder online though, so at least i can watch a very choppy decoded gilmore girls in the meantime. i just can't justify paying $14.95 for a good decoder such as intervideo or something when i know that i have one on this computer somewhere, fried or otherwise.

so as the french say, that's life. who needs excel or outlook or adobe photoshop or money or the three books i've begun or word or mgi photo suite or picture it studios or publisher or roxio or..... anyway?

arrivederci, rebecca marie

12 flattering compliments:

Blogger LoriLoo310 gushed...

I am crying for you and all of your lost computerdom.

It's scary how much we depend on these stupid yet wonderful machines.

Can I tell you how excited I am to come to Portland?!?! They don't make any OU maternity shirts though. I may just have to sqeeze my fat belly into my size M OU shirt.

8/28/2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown gushed...

Ugh! I feel sick to my stomach for you. I hope there's a way to recover some of it, especially your books and photos. That just bites. It bites so hard!

But there is a tiny silver lining: we haven't lost you from our blogmunity. It wouldn't be the same without you. For reals. =)

8/29/2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

Is Messenger working?

Glad you're back!

8/29/2006 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

poopie. like major poop.

i know how to get the music on your ipod back on to your computer again once you get itunes running -- if you want me to show you . . .

8/29/2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

yes sarah... but you're never on it when i'm on it!!

8/29/2006 11:47 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

so that post from anonymous up there . . . that was from me . . . i'm not sure what happened there.

8/29/2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger James T Wood gushed...

That's "all the lame"! I am so sad for you. So sad that I am going to immediately back up my computer. I hurt for you, deep in my soul I feel your loss as if it were my own.

8/30/2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger emilykaypeters gushed...

I hate when computers crash. It makes you realize how much we rely on them now. I'm now in Cali and Ryan should be here soon. So, hopefully when we come to Portland (I think that's where you live) we'll have to meet up.

9/02/2006 11:33 AM  
Blogger Jess gushed...

Tj Ryan and I laughed outloud from that from your comments!

Rm, sorry to hear about your loss. Once I forgot to back up all of my buisness files and lost half of my customers info...luckily I kept it in hard copy form, but that still took me 3 weeks to fix. Again I say sorry.

9/03/2006 8:23 PM  
Blogger Amanda gushed...

I mourn your loss... I also mourn my lack of desire for the last few days of woots...

9/05/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

seriously. TEARS. I know I suffered a MAJOR anxiety attack when I THOUGHT we lost everything two years ago (recovered after only two terrifying hours)...but I still haven't fully recovered from the trauma.

lo siento.

9/05/2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger arwen gushed...

just making my presence known, just so you know that I'm here.
that's it.

9/06/2006 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home