i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Friday, August 18, 2006

community project

i remember as a kid we used to always play this game (okay, not always as in every second of every day but often is what i really meant okay so back off) where each person would have a piece of paper and they would write a sentence on the paper that sounded like the begining of a story. maybe something like, "It was a dark and stormy night and jennifer and billy were driving down a windy road...," or "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." you know, that type of thing.

and then what they would do see is fold that part over so that the person next to them couldn't see it but they would tell the person what the last three words were like maybe they'd say, "a windy road..." or "far far away..." and the person who they passed the paper to would write the next sentence in the story only they wouldn't really know how the other person had started it so maybe they'd continue it with like, "a windy road always makes me carsick, so i'm thankful that my mom always kept vomit bags in the glove box..." or maybe, "far far away was not far enough for carl to run, if he was ever going to completely master living the life of forrest gump."

then the paper would be folded over and the people passing would tell the next person, "the glove box," or "of forrest gump." then when the papers had made it all the way around the circle, the person who started it would hear the last three words of the second to last sentence and then they would end the story. then people would take turns reading their story and sometimes they totally sucked and sometimes they were histerical.

so basically, i want to play that game. if you want to play, too, here's how i'm gonna do it. the first person to leave me their email address (you can do that thing where you go rebecca hyphen marie at hotmail dot com if you want to, i'm smart enough to decode those) in my comment section will get an email from me with the last three words of my opening sentence. they will then email me back with their sentence, and i will email the second person in my comments with the next set of last three words and so on until everyone who comments gets to play. if we need to go around twice to make it long enough, we will, cause lets face it, we want it to work, right?

then, when the story is finished, i'll post it and illustrate it. right on.

okay... who wants to play?

arrivederci, rebecca marie

14 flattering compliments:

Blogger Elaine gushed...

ditto!
kept dot woman at yahoo dot com


pssst... always loved that game. yea!

8/19/2006 1:44 AM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

I'm in although I never played the game before.

8/19/2006 6:29 AM  
Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

Me me me!

8/19/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

Groan, you know me well...
always the sucker for games
I fail to resist.

8/20/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 gushed...

Of course I am in, I will always play fun games!

8/21/2006 8:54 AM  
Blogger Jason Hill gushed...

Hey, if the pied piper plays her flute, I'll follow.

jasonhillpdx is totally at gmail.com

8/21/2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger breanna gushed...

oh definately yes.

mrs.newbill@gmail.com

8/21/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger arwen gushed...

oohhh! I WANNA PLAY!!!!

gord4435 at uidaho dot edu

yay! THIS IS FUN!

much like Hurricane Howie's mustache. I don't care what you say, I'm glad he's outta the house. Way to go Georgie... next is that awful tramp... you know the one...

8/21/2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger James T Wood gushed...

You's best bring it to wood.jt at the gmail dot some com

8/22/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

Um??? What's the hold up? Who has it now? Can I harass them so they'll hurry?

8/23/2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

Yeah I wanna play already! Also, I want to talk to you. Can I talk to you soon?

8/24/2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

i am so in. like flynn. flinn?

anyway.

tabitha dash (like this -) jane (at) hotmail dot come.

get it?

or you can clickie on my blogger profile. it's there too.

8/24/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Amanda gushed...

yo - i'm in

gods underscore little underscore girl at ye olde hotmail dot com

8/24/2006 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

Are you still playing? I'm in.

8/31/2006 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home