i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

conversation happening behind me right now

boy - let's watch bruce almighty

girl - no. that movie has bad words.

boy - i know, but isn't it funny?

girl - yes. okay, but remember, don't say any of those words.

boy - I KNOW! I won't say those words.

(boy getting movie ready)

girl - i really think we should just watch star wars.

boy - no. i'm not going to say those words, so don't worry about it.

girl - okay. (long pause) why isn't bruce almighty starting?

(greeeaaaaat. i'm glad to know they both have such great self control.)

boy - oh. wait. i think there is something on the disc. (wipes disc) yeah, there's a smear. i'll try it one more time.

girl - (angry voice) I DIDN'T TOUCH IT

boy - (equally angry voice) I DIDN'T SAY YOU DID

boy - yeah, bruce almighty is ruined.

girl - (sad voice) yeah, bruce almighty is ruined.

boy - look mom, what's on here?

(neither child notices i'm typing about them, i stop to wipe off disc)

boy - let's just watch liar liar

me - here, try it again

the mister (coming down stairs with laundry i refuse to do) - girl! why isn't your dress on? you can't be in your underwear all day!

me - fine, i'll go bathe the girl and get her dressed.

blog post over.

arrivederci, rebecca marie

17 flattering compliments:

Blogger arwen gushed...

You never cease to amaze me. Girl Spawn is sort of my best hero. I wish I could hang out in my undies all day. That, and what 4 year old knows that Uzbekistan is in California- within walking distance... she's amazing. Does she have a god mother? I'm in the market...

7/29/2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

Star wars! Now that girl knows good movies!

7/30/2006 4:49 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

you totally can be her god mother arwen.

7/30/2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger arwen gushed...

nawyce.

7/30/2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

Last week at Trader Joes, offered a sample of chicken soup:

me: no thank you.
girl: why don't you want the soup Aunt Janni?
me: I don't eat meat punkin
girl: but meat makes you big and strong
me: it's ok punkin.
girl: why don't you want to be big and strong Aunt Janni?

um..... well.....

bless her

7/30/2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

Is Aunt Janni a veggie, really?! Cool!

I hang out in my undies all night... why hasn't someone told me it isn't couture?

:) Your kids crack me up!

7/31/2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger Rebecca gushed...

No offense please, Arwen.

but...

How does Arwen rate that she gets to be the godmother?

Geez...

7/31/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

rebecca, you can be the godmother in less than a month, arwen is about to ditch us all for idaho.

7/31/2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger breanna gushed...

okay, the poop post was funny, sure. but this, THIS post is likely my all time favorite post.

girl has more character and personality in that little body than los angelas and texas combined.

and better hair

7/31/2006 2:39 PM  
Blogger breanna gushed...

and also...i won't pretend to deserve being the god mother...but can i be like a jesus-sister or a holyspirit-cousin?




(and yes. i do think i'm funny)

7/31/2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger arwen gushed...

um... cause I ASKED? Can't expect to get anything if you don't ask for it...

didn't think of that one, didja...

:)

8/01/2006 10:16 PM  
Blogger Rebecca gushed...

Dear Arwen,

May I have a million dollars?

Thank you,
Rebecca

8/02/2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

Was I on a different Rebecca site earlier today? Where'd the cute lil' therapeutic cat go?

8/03/2006 5:07 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

here's the answer about fergus - as copied from an email i sent a friend because i don't want to talk about it anymore...

As far as Fergus goes, that's just it. He's gone. I took him to the vet today for his check up, and he should be 3 pounds and is only 1 pound 6 ounces. He is soooo sick that the antibiotics that it would take to make him better would kill him, and he is soooo sick that vaccinating him would kill him, and the vet said that she was actually afraid he would die in his sleep in the next few days. Which explains why he was so sweet and docile. So she said I should take him back to the store and get my money back and make them nurse him back to health if that's even possible. I'm absolutely wrecked. Haven't cried so hard in a VERY long time. I really felt like I needed him, and now he's gone. I haven't told the kids the truth yet... I just don't know what to tell them, you know?

8/03/2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

oh jeez. I'm so sorry RB! I can only imagine how awful that would be. It really sucks to get a cute little thing in the house only to have tragedy strike. We lost a very tiny pet rat in a bad territorial accident when I was a child. I'm so so sorry and my heart goes out to you.

d*** pet stores. (sorry to swear)

8/03/2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown gushed...

Becky, I'm so sorry that happened. My heart just hurts for you, and for the little kitty. We went through something very similar with a kitten a few years ago, and it was just heart-rending. I wish I could fix it.

Freakin' pet stores. I'm never getting an animal from pet store again--they always seem to be sick.

8/04/2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

the only time i ever saw bruce almighty was in germany. it was IN the german language. and it was a pirated version someone got off the internet.
i thoroughly enjoyed the entire thing (even though i only understood about half of it).

arwen: i think it was lithuania.

8/16/2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home