i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

clearly i am it

i got tagged by two lewiseseses to do this so i suppose i had better. everyone is doing what the lewises say. they are trendsetters, oh heck yes.

a book that changed my life besides the bible:
coincidentally, the poisonwood bible by barbara kingsolver.

a book i have read more than once:
the outlander series by diana gabaldon. the bloody jacobite uprising for the fellas, heaving bosom romance for the ladies, time travel for the sci-fi fans, naturopathy for the hippies, what's not to like? besides, who doesn't love a good highlander?

a book i would take with me if i were stuck on a desert island:
besides the go tos (bible, dictionary...), i'll have to reuse my previous answer and say the outlander series (yes, in my world a series counts as one). they are so meaty and cover so many things that you really could just keep on starting at thebeginningg.

a book that made me laugh:
the entire lemony snicket series, but especially the unauthorized autobiography.

a book that i wish had been written:
funny, i've been misreading this as "a book i wish i'd written" in which case i was going to joke that i wish i'd written a million little pieces. i haven't read it, but who couldn't stand a little bit of controversy? then i would have said the harry potter books, cause you know... she's loaded. now that i know what it says, i'm going to have to say that i wish, oh man... i'm typing as i think, this is hard, i really don't know. just when i think every story has been told, someone comes up with something brilliant. i wish there had been a book written that was so specific to my sense of humour that i could just read it and laugh and laugh and laugh. i'm a fan of the funny.

a book that i wish had never been written:
what was that one with the cheater woman? bridges of madison county. i hated that book. i get that infidelity happens, i get that it happens to real people. real people that i know. and that they have to live with their consequences forever, but i wish that women all over the country hadn't loved that story so much. what that woman did was not okay. i might have even been happy with it if she had confessed to her husband and he'd forgiven her, but to live your whole life with that secret and then make your kids bear theburdenn of the truth after you die is sick. i never saw the movie, people said it was good, but the book was so horrifying to me that i will never see the movie.

a book i have been meaning to read:
the bible. no really. i've read a lot of it, perhaps even all of it, at one time or another. but i'd really like to read it all the way through. like a story.

i'm currently reading:
four to score by janet evonovich, the secret garden by frances hodgsen burnett, the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime by mark haddon

okay... now practically everyone that i know has been tagged so we'll just say this... if you wanna do it, great. leave a comment so i know you did though, kay?



arrivederci, rebecca marie

4 flattering compliments:

Blogger arwen gushed...

you love MySpace....

now that you are back... where is that secret story that you were going to have us all write? I WANNA DO IT!!!! (PS: I hope Mike Boogie looses. I hope Erica looses too, but MB should loose more.)

9/12/2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Andrea Wood gushed...

I really should learn to read.

9/16/2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Norman gushed...

I just read eleven on top. I'm guessing I need to start with the first one cause I really need to know what's up with "Ranger". Babe...

And - right now I'm reading Vanish by Tess Gerritsen and it's really got me intrigued.

ONE of my favorite all-time books that I call is "Vertical Run" but I can't remember the author's name.

9/23/2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger johnandholly gushed...

OK, I just finished Voyager - and boy is it exciting! I had forgotten nearly the entire book, except she goes back and eventually runs into Geillie. Boy, was I surprised by all the action. I'm on Drums of Autumn now, which brings me full circle. If you haven't picked it up yet, run, don't walk, to get a Breath of Snow and Ashes. It's like Outlander and Voyager all in one.

Ok, that's all

9/24/2006 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home