i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

the talking picture box is set to the disney channel. why why why did i just see a they might be giants music video about the alphabet? i was only at the "slight head tilt" level of confusion when they did the theme song for malcolm in the middle, but children's songs for disney? i am at full "quick side to side head shake" confusion mode.

if i hear the dead milkmen doing a lead in to the wiggles, or see the violent femmes are opening for dora the explorer (and diego, too!) on ice, i will know that it is armageddon.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

arrivederci, rebecca marie

12 flattering compliments:

Blogger Lori Ann gushed...

I hear ya! I have been seeing their "disney videos" for a while now. I love the Malcome in the Middle theme. I also love that show. I relate to Lois!
"Your not the boss of me ya!"

12/20/2005 10:46 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

have you heard about "school house rocks" where bands like that did a bunch of school house rock songs? i think i have a copy of a smashing pumpkin song about the number 3 . . . or something like that.

12/20/2005 1:04 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i know that blind melon did three... that was an awesome album

"threeeee oh... it's the magic number... yeah it is..."

lots of awesome songs on that album. conjunction junction... i think was better than ezra. what ever happened to them? i liked them...

oh oh oh, and the bill song, that was on it. and the shot heard 'round the world!!

"the shot heard 'round the world... was the start of the revolution...."

man! thanks tabs! awesome memory!

now where did i put that disc? it must be ten years old...

12/20/2005 1:18 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

ah yes, blind melon! i knew it was one of those groups from my high school days . . . sigh . . . ahh the memories.

12/20/2005 4:42 PM  
Blogger Erika gushed...

Better Than Ezra are stilling hanging out around here, (the NO Baton Rouge area) and They might be Giants have an entire CD for kids. Mandi has it and it's great. Her kids really love it too! It's pretty funny to see little little misses rocking out to it.

12/20/2005 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

Ok I feel so out of the cool loop right now it's not even a slight bit of funny. I barely know who They Might Be Giants are, I didn't know they did the Malcolm theme...BUT I do know me some Violent Femmes. And I've got the School House Rock complete DVD collection...and Homestar is on my daily must see list. So I guess that makes me only partially really uncool?

12/21/2005 3:33 AM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

So Lori Ann, if you can relate to Lois--is that because we have all boys, you have a temper and your husband is a wimp, or that you and your husband are passionate about each other?
Rebecca Marie, good post--what is this world coming too--especially when Madonna is now a children's author.

12/21/2005 5:40 AM  
Blogger Rebecca gushed...

I have to say that I am most amused with your choice of words for your drawering. I actually giggled at my desk when I read it.

12/21/2005 8:37 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i thought it seemed like a word... but i looked it up to make sure.

12/21/2005 9:29 AM  
Blogger Rebecca gushed...

It's hilarious. I didn't expect it and then I laughed. My goal is to find a use for that word this week.

12/21/2005 1:46 PM  
Blogger car gushed...

All those groups are devil worshippers or something. But then I always thought Elvis would concuss himself-what with all that gyrating and shaking himself. Happy Holidays Rebecca Marie, thanks for playing with me!

12/21/2005 2:48 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

no no no!!! you've got it all wrong! We have the CD by "They Might Be Giants" and the DVD they made. My kids love, LOVE the songs, and they are so incredibly random and true to form that my husband and i don't mind listening to them over and over and over again! I'll burn a copy for you, seriously! you'd laugh at their other songs too! (ie "who put the alphabet IN alphabetical order?", or "missing letters") LMAO!

12/22/2005 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home