i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

copyright THIS

Since I'm still being sworn at and about all over the internet in regard to other peoples inventions, I thought I'd set the record straight about a few of my inventions.

Here are a few things that I invented:

Puting periods between each word when I want. to. make. a. point. yup. I was the first person to ever do that.

Making drawings for people to enjoy. I'm an MS paint pioneer!

Saying accountabecause. No one ever said that before. Especially not in the movie 13 Going on 30.

Making picture links for people to click on. That was one of my best ideas.

Signing off in another language. Now there are posers everywhere saying things like, adios, ciao, and all sorts of other things. I THOUGHT OF THAT.

Putting a scrolling marquee on my blog. Now you all want one, don't you? Too bad, I invented it!

Writing lists of a hundred random things about myself. Aren't you all so glad I invented that? Now you can read them everywhere!

I'm sure there are more things that I invented. I'm constantly finding ways to better the internet. But you get the idea, and I don't want to brag. Go ahead and congratulate yourself for finding the blog of such a visionary!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

arrivederci, rebecca marie

46 flattering compliments:

Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i invented that picture of you. also i invented blogging altogether.

12/13/2005 11:30 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

holy crap, the music on your site just scared the bejeebers out of me! i wasn't expecting it, my kids are napping, the dog's asleep, i turned off the ringers... and WHAM!

"Happy Holidays! Happy Holidays!!"

*now if you'll excuse me, i need to go back and read the post.

12/13/2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

son of a ! just did it again.

note to self:
remember to turn the sound off before going back to the main page

12/13/2005 1:16 PM  
Blogger Tim gushed...

I invented the Haiku. I also invented the word invent. I invented blogging. Perhaps we should all get off the internet now anyways, since Al Gore invented it.


For whoever is still complaining about haiku, unless your name is Basho and you were born in the 17th century...grow up.

12/13/2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

aw.crap.

well, at least you didn't invent me. Erika did. She also invented posting IM conversations.(www.barefootmusings.blogspot.com)

me?
I invented the wink
; )

12/13/2005 1:30 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

you %*$&&##!!!! I invented picture links! i am not EVER going to come to your site, i'm removing my link to your blog and i am telling all my friends not to visit your blog again either. EVER!!


heh. just kidding. you. rule. the. school. :)


i invented sarcasm.

12/13/2005 4:36 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

well daggum. jamie, i didn't ask you permission before i misspelled shakespeare (on my previous post), so i've probably offended the inventor of misspellings, and tabitha, the inventor of shakespeare.

well, i invented blatant disregard for proper capitalization.

oh, i also invented soup.

and asian technology. all of it.

12/13/2005 5:26 PM  
Blogger Norman gushed...

i invented fonts.

Really Rebecca, you should stop being so nice and just tell them to shove it.

;-)

Norm!

12/13/2005 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

I feel honored to say I knew you when...almost. When you're rich and famous and get an award for being a genius blogernet inventor you can mention me in your acceptance speach! Then I can be a rich and famous blogernet inventor by association.

Oh, and peeps on the internet don't know jack, yo. lol

12/13/2005 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

Mia Comment Revision:

"peeps on the internet don't know jack, yo"

Except me. I invented knowing jack.

Yo.

12/13/2005 8:09 PM  
Blogger Jason Hill gushed...

The School

You might rule it, but I invented it. Nyah! :P

12/14/2005 12:39 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i invented the 17th century

12/14/2005 8:02 AM  
Blogger Scrapping Dani gushed...

Dang RM I am so sorry you are getting slammed. Who is still doing this to you?

12/14/2005 8:21 AM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 gushed...

I have to say that I invented cute shoes, being tall, and anyone who is OCD like me.

I also invented BSC (my husband) and our cats.

I invented the idea of pets.

12/14/2005 8:59 AM  
Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

I invented coffee and candy canes.

And vampires.

And paper cuts.

(you’re welcome for the coffee. sorry about the paper cuts)

12/14/2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

janni! thank you so much for inventing coffee!

it totally gave me a sounding board for inventing putting stuff in coffee!

12/14/2005 10:49 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

in case you are all wondering who invented origami, that was me, too.

12/14/2005 10:50 AM  
Blogger Paula gushed...

RM, you may have invented oragami, but I invented Christmas paper chains AND mint M&M's.

12/14/2005 11:46 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

mmmmmmint m&ms. i did think of those, but when i went to invent them, you already had.

12/14/2005 11:54 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i feel like i have to make a confession right now. if janni laine was brave enough to admit to inventing paper cuts, i have to tell you that i invented combined celebrity monikers. like, brangelina, bennifer, vaughniston... you know what i mean. it is one of my biggest regrets. i was not using my inventing skills for the good of mankind that day.

oh, i invented skills.

12/14/2005 12:03 PM  
Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

OH! I invented bow hunting skills, numchuck skills and computer hacking skills.

I also invented the Liger.

Mmm Hmm. Totally did.

12/14/2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger Paula gushed...

Well, I invented sweet jumps, cake building, puffy sleeves, and DANG QUESEDILLAS!

12/14/2005 1:33 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i invented jared and jerusha hess.

so i invented napoleon dynamite by proxy.

i also invented the dread pirate roberts.

and take and bake pizza. i let papa murphy's use my invention only because they refer to it as "take 'n bake."

12/14/2005 1:58 PM  
Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

I also invented Milli Vanilli. But only because I heart drama.

I also invented saying heart instead of love.

12/14/2005 2:46 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

janni asked me for advice (which i invented) while inventing milli vanilli, so i invented lip synching. ashlee simpson is paying me royalties for that one. i also invented royalties.

12/14/2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger Tim gushed...

Since I invented the word invent, does that mean you have to pay me royalties every time you say it? Or because you invented royalties, does it make you exempt? (I also invented exemptions)

12/14/2005 3:05 PM  
Blogger Paula gushed...

Timmy, I invented Santa hats, and therefore might start saying mean things about you at any moment for wearing one (or photoshopping one) without my permission. Oh, yeah, and photoshop? Also my invention.

12/14/2005 3:36 PM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

I invented the alphabet as well as cave paintings, smoke signals, carrier pigeons, the printing press and a very early version of the computer that involved large, heavy boulders, field mouse droppings and snake skins.

You're all going to hear from my lawyer!

And I invented him too. Although sometimes I think he's just a figment of my imagination.....

12/14/2005 3:44 PM  
Blogger Norman gushed...

I invented... the written language. All of them. You ALL owe me royalties.

I also invented and manufactured my children

norman

12/14/2005 3:46 PM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

I need to invent a blog for the very pretty lady above my last comment.

Maybe I'll write all about her beautiful wedding and how it went off without a hitch (except for some horrible cake incident that no one will dare remember. The photographer had all of his digital pictures wiped out once dinner was served. The mother-in-law saw to that).

I'm good at inventing stories about blog pictures. Hey, did I just invent something new?? Yous all can copy me and suffer my wrath!!!!

12/14/2005 3:48 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

punkin' you wouldn't have even believed her wedding. it was the best one i've ever been to. other than my own, of course.

i invented weddings.

12/14/2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger Paula gushed...

Really, RM? The best one besides yours? Thanks! I invented waiting to be married before you start kissing!

Also,punkin, good story. But I had no wedding cake (it was a dessert buffet) and I really and truly love my mother-in-law! :)

12/14/2005 4:09 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

shanna totally invented ME!! (i'm an irish redhead).

so, thanks shanna for inventing me, i really appreciate it.


oh, and i invented vin diesel.

12/14/2005 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

hi beck...
i don't know if i ever told you but i invented 'inventing'. oh yeh and i am the person who only says the word "POOP" in chat rooms until everylastperson leaves 'cus they hate me...so i invented "POOP"

12/14/2005 5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

hey anonymous person...
POOP

12/14/2005 5:47 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i invented chatrooms. it wasn't one of my better inventions. people run about saying poop in all of them... well, not all of them. not in the chat rooms about nascar. i did NOT invent nascar.

and if any of you did, please don't tell me. i want to like you still.

i did invent cars. just not nascar.

12/14/2005 6:09 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i also invented putting extra z's in words, "i need to cash my chizeck, fo shizzle."

i was working on "deal-ee-oh" at the same time, but i couldn't figure it out.. "deelio," dealie oh," "deeleo..."

then, someone went and invented it right out from under me.

i invented under.

12/14/2005 6:26 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

I invented commenting more than once. Obviously you ALL owe me huge royalties, props, and snaps.

i invented snaps. (The kind you wear, the action your fingers make, the sound "Sanap!", AND using 'snap' as a form of modern vernacular)

Sah-na-ap!!

12/14/2005 7:30 PM  
Blogger breanna gushed...

i invented sleeping in
i invented reality television
i invented chapstick AND lipgloss
i invented ben and jerry, and taught them the ins and outs of ice cream production
i invented cuddle
i invented your mom
i invented. and then i invented some more.

12/14/2005 11:36 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

i'm sorry to admit that i invented the rectal cave bear.

it was in a moment of fury and frustration about not being able to figure out the correct formula from which i could invent the tooth fairy . . . once the rectal cave bear was loose, i couldn't take the invention back.

sorry york landreth.

12/15/2005 9:25 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

i invented random email wednesday

12/15/2005 9:33 AM  
Blogger Mike Lewis gushed...

Holy Geez there are a lot of comments on this one...I guess you struck a nerve.

I invented nerves.

I also invented the Simpsons right after I invented thoughts and feelings.

12/15/2005 9:41 AM  
Blogger Tim gushed...

Actually...I was there when the Rectal Cave Bear was invented. So was James Wood. So was the Grape Ape.

12/15/2005 10:00 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

did you get sworn at for inventing random email wednesday? is that why the random emails are gone?

12/15/2005 3:16 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

just kidding . . . i see them . . .they've just been moved.
i should have known! since i invented the vortex that allows for blog posts, once they've been written and have entered the vortex, to spontaniously dissappear and reappear somewhere completely different (or just a few inches from where they had been before).

12/15/2005 3:17 PM  
Blogger James T Wood gushed...

I just wanted to pay homage to the inventing skills so you are given full trademark credit for your wicked awesome phrase-ology-ification-al-ness on my recent post.

1/15/2006 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home