i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Monday, December 05, 2005

it is official

i am too tired. i am lucky enough to live in a home with smoke detectors. now now, no need to be envious. look up at your ceilings. i'd wager you've got them, too. they're round and flat and generally have a flashing light of either red or green (festive!).

yesterday the upstairs one began beeping. not detecting any smoke, mind you. just beeping. not siren-esque in the least. just about every third minute or so it would let off a mini-alarm, "hey (it seemed to say), you might come check on me to make sure i'm functional." well, the reset button was pressed, and all was well.

sort of. you see, after the reset button is used, it still emits the every-three-minutes-semi-screech for fifteen minutes or so. juuuuust long enough to trick you into thining that the button had not been fully pressed. well, you can't fool me, alarm. i'm not falling for your tricks.

at any rate, a relaxing sunday afternoon ensued.

the alarm required resetting in the middle of the night, however. twice. once at three o'clock in the morning, and again at four thirty.

hate hate hate

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

arrivederci, rebecca marie

10 flattering compliments:

Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

this was for breanna who was impressed by my ability to keep multiple blogs going without using the same entries on any of them. there you go, a double posting.

12/05/2005 12:50 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

huh, mine are electric. it was a steady beep, that was the problem. GRRRR. a chirp every now and then i can take. it was horrid.

12/05/2005 2:43 PM  
Blogger car gushed...

This is sooooo important. A few years ago I bought a house for my grandchildren Charlie and Natski so they could finish high school with their friends (their parents moved to another city) Charlie had no problems and went on to Seattle. Natski was living there in her senior year and a faulty stove burner got stuck and burned down the house. Natski and her friends survived because of the smoke alarms that we made sure were working every time we visited. I had lived over 80 years thinking I would never see a house (I owned) destroyed by fire--it is careless people that this happens too, it is stupid carelessness, etc, etc,-- But the truth is, this can happen to anyone, at anytime!

The house burned to the ground and they lost everything. My son called from Seattle and said the only thing he regretted losing was his FSU game ball signed by Bobby Bowden from the Sugar Bowl.

Rebecca Marie. I swear to you this is true, I went to the house in tears the next week and walked through the ruins of a home--totally destroyed except for one wall, and a small desk upon which the only thing I found that survived---a game ball--smoke damaged but intact--signed by my friend, Bobby Bowden!

Please forgive an old man his rambling memories, this was an emotional event for me, and one that I hope no one, filthy hippy or otherwise, ever needs to suffer through. Check those smoke alarms!

12/05/2005 9:38 PM  
Blogger car gushed...

Rebecca Marie
Captain Howdy Girl's comment is the best ever. It is better than Al Gore saying he invented the internet. Don't ever delete this egotistic comment from your blog--it is classic!
Captain Howdy Girl takes a 15th century Japanese Parlor Game to the internet and is claiming it as HER"S
What a riot! We played this game 500 years later, when I was at Ohio State University after WWII, I am sure everyone in English speaking countries, has played the Haiku Game for centuries! I know my father and grandfather did.

So taking from your comments here is a little tip for you Captain Hilarious Thief:

"When you apologize for stealing someone's work, your apology might be taken a little more seriously if you actually deleted the work you stole. Wouldn't you agree?

I am a little surprised to hear that you are a Church person, I could have sworn I read a little something about Thou Shall Not Steal!"

So--Captain Hilarious Girl when you going to delete your plagiarism from your blog and when are you going to apologize to Rebecca Marie for vomiting you egoism at her blog instead of thanking her for recognizing your spirit of promoting the creativity of 15th century Japanese art? And give me a break, it's time to come clean--from what web site or book did you steal this idea from?

12/06/2005 12:42 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

CHG - i never implied that your blog was inaccessable to me. in fact, i admitted to visiting there often. a practice i will no longer continue. what i said was (quote) "but the email that i sent to captain howdy girl came back as undeliverable."

i only wish you'd addressed the fact that you were upset with me for using your idea when we were having such a friendly chat on msn messenger on friday morning. i was really blindsided by your irritation being so publicly flaunted later.

12/06/2005 5:30 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

huh. sorry about the drama in your life right now rm.

but about the smoke detectors: it's like on "garden state" when she says "oh, and boys don't stay in the house all the day, i took the batteries out of the carbon monoxide detector because it was beeping all night." heh.

12/06/2005 9:36 AM  
Blogger breanna gushed...

as someone who has had to deal with psycho blog attacker....there are some things i'd like to say...

blogging is not real life. a person's blog does not necessarily accurately represent them. i HATE it when members of the blogmunity make assumptions about someone's character based upon their blog. i allowed someone like this to shut my blog down for awhile because i took their ignorant comments personally. that was a big mistake on my part.

CHG: there are so many people who would gladly flood your blog with support for rebeccamarie...plenty of us who ACTUALLY know her, know her character, have been blessed by her sincerity and generosity. I'm sorry you're incapable of seeing the blog world for what it is....your short sightedness has cost you a lot of readers, and a good friend in RM.

you yourself have made false claims, both in your blog and here. RM DID participate in your haiku game (3 times even), she NEVER told her readers not to check out your site (only gave the same "adult" warning that she does for other links...some of which are her favorites), you yourself have stolen material for your own blog...don't think we can't tell. I wonder if Leonardo Da Vinci is angry that you "stole" his words for your "About me" section of your blog!?? You credited him yes, but did you ask his permission???? I doubt it. you must be consistent with your logic, CHG.

we'll all be in church Sunday...you're welcome to join us.

12/06/2005 12:50 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

you are all my heroes and champions. bless you all for ringing in.

12/06/2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger bscarter gushed...

hate hate hate!

12/06/2005 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

You gave her credit for one, for two...last I checked haiku's have been around forever and she does not own the copyright on them! My kids are taught to do haiku's in school....do they need her permission too????? I checked out her blog and as far as I can see....yours is wayyyyy better, so she just needs to shut the heck up! lol no seriously....she needs to grow up and get over it. I see you left comments on her blog in regards to all of this as well, and you were nice about it, which I cannot say the same for her.
Keep up the good work!!!!!

12/06/2005 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home