i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Saturday, December 03, 2005

i tried to apologize....

i even tried to do it privately. i could tell an apology was in order because she seemed to be offended by the fact that i deleted her comment with the eff word in it, and by other comments that she had left. but the email that i sent to captain howdy girl came back as undeliverable. so then, i went to her blog to try to find her email address, and it was removed, which of course i understand, as she has a stalker.

but what i found there was copyright information, and a sentiment about how people who steal her ideas lack creativity.

well anyway, just in case she comes back here ever, here is the text of the email that i tried to send to her;

subject: haiku game - an apology

I am so sorry for overstepping my bounds with your haiku game. I really just thought it was brilliant, which was why I wanted to use it. As far as the disclaimer went, the majority of the people who I link to, and who read and comment on my blog are church planters (like me) and missionaries, and would be beyond offended if they felt that I had "sent" them to a site where there was, in their eyes, questionable content. I even have an "18+" reference on a webcomic that I like who occasionally curses in her comics.

I feel terrible that it may have been perceived as an attack, I certainly didn't intend it to be. I really enjoy your blog, obviously, I check it often, which is why I gave credit for the game. And, yes, you are right, I should have asked you if I could use your game, and again, I apologize for that as well.



i feel the need to come back and add... i really do mean this apology. this is not my way of starting a war, or 'retaliating' or whatever. i really hope this is not misunderstood.

5 flattering compliments:

Blogger Sarah gushed...

What a sweet apology. Hope it is taken as meant. :)

12/03/2005 10:31 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

me too....

12/03/2005 10:42 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

oops, i guess i better start asking permission before i use someone else's ideas or content. I always make a link back to give credit where credit is due, but i've never really asked permission first.

personally, i feel flattered when someone else plagiarizes my work (at least in blogworld).

btw, her blog is up and running, i just followed her profile link. i hope she read your apology; it was sweet and sincere.

12/04/2005 11:39 PM  
Blogger mr_humble_guy gushed...

I'm sure she'll understand. She's a pretty nice gal, after all.

12/05/2005 7:58 AM  
Blogger mr_humble_guy gushed...

Or maybe not...she's pretty upset about it. Maybe you could delete that post? Or just the stuff about the haiku and all related comments?

I'm just trying to keep the peace here. I like both blogs, after all.

12/06/2005 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home