i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I Thessalonians 5:15-24

I want to tell you all how truly sorry that I am if my using Captain Howdy Girls Haiku game led any of you to question my faith, my desire to walk with God, my passion for advancing his kingdom. I firmly believe that as a disciple of Christ, it is my responsibility to refrain from any activity that can be misunderstood as evil, and especially those that cause my brothers and sisters to stumble.

So, with a heavy heart, I will remove the Haiku game from my blog. Whatever it takes to stop people from accusing me of having "non-christian," or "non-church-person" behavior.

The only reason that I didn't remove the post sooner is that many of you played the game. Is it fair to punish any of you for simply playing a game? I do not think so. So I am copying all of your Haikus here. You wrote them, and you deserve for them not to be deleted.

Tabitha:

(pretzels)
i don't like pretzels
they are too salty and gross
don't make me eat them

(star wars)
the worst line ever
in star wars episode two
han replies "i know

(pee wee herman)
in the movie "blow"
he played a serious role
believe it or not

(portland)
city of bridges
happy mix of Left and Right
it might snow today

(elves)
santa's little slaves
with pointy ears and striped tights
really creep me out

Janni:

(pretzels)
Pretzels are the stuff
Salted, plain, baked or coated
Chocolate is the best

(bellybutton lint)
Bellybutton lint
good for nothing t-shirt barf
kinda gross to see

(kissing)
Heart racing, cheeks flushed
He leans in for your first kiss
Will you faint? Maybe.

James:

(star wars)
A beeping trash can
A whining son of Vader
"Don't get cocky kid."

(rainbows)
Dag, yo! ROY-G-BIV
Happy refraction of light,
like Mork's suspenders.

Tim:

(janitors)
Bleach and mop in hand
Cleaning up vomit all day
Groundskeeper Willie!

Byron:

(black holes)
gravity pulls all
no light will escape the pull
better far than near

Jenn:

(dinosaurs)
big and tall they reach
powerful creatures they stand
oops, they are gone now

Punkin:

(jellybeans)
Easter’s currency:
tiny pebbles of sugar
squished under my tongue.

Captain Howdy Girl:

Dejavu haikus
Me likes them very much too
And poop poopy do

Jarrod:

(portland)
My friend's brother Jim
Lives in Eugene, Oregon.
Oops, that's not Portland.

Mr. Humble Guy:

(mall food courts)
Burgers and pizza,
Chinese food and deep fried goods...
WHERE IS THE WASHROOM?!?

(titanic)
Just like the sunset
The Titanic disappeared
Ha ha! Leo drowned!

(sushi)
I can't understand
Why some people like their fish
Completely uncooked

KMiV:

(pretzels)
Pretzels are salty
Just like Rebecca Marie
They are twisted!

pfcPeters:

(vampires)
I like necks
Pumping sweet honey
coursing life

Little Miss:

(roman numerals)
roman numerals
five syllables already
aw crap, one line left

Jason Hill:

(chocolate - this one was my personal favorite)
Chocolat the film
has one more syllable than
chocolate the candy

Bill:

(chemistry)
Is chemistry bad?
Made crystal meth possible...
But also Twinkies!


(NIV) 15Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

19Do not put out the Spirit's fire; 20do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22Avoid every kind of evil.

23May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

in love and faith in Jesus Christ who has set me free, and because He lives, arrivederci, rebecca marie

12 flattering compliments:

Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

don't be confused bill, this is just me putting her feelings before mine.

and now, for your reading pleasure, my haikus!

(haiku)
Haiku is easy,
if you can count syllables.
and frankly, who can't?

(sweatshirts)
Hoodies are just grand,
for emo kids and hipsters.
Of which I am naught.

(universe)
universe so big
so why can i only see
(so bad,) URANUS!

(coffee)
sweet sweet elixer
addictive yet not naughty
sooth my troubled mind.

(black holes)
black holes, white holes, red.
i'm surprised at tabitha
for choosing one hue.

(bubblebaths)
(this topic was suggested by CHG, who did, after all, play the game at my site)
do bubbles take baths?
bathe a car or pet or you
but bathe a bubble?

(popeye)
oh darling olyve
you tall coquettish beauty
popeye loves you so.

(oakland a's)
oakland athletics
elephant for a mascot
yellow and green duds

(snow)
snow, eternal tease
for oregon residents
thank God for mt. hood

(oregon coast)
kindergarten cop
increased tourist trade and hype
less than the gambling

(computers - for you bill!)
steve jobs and bill gates
not al gore as he believes
are gods to bill hayes.


and be watching for my next interactive game!

12/07/2005 8:14 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

RM: you are so much better of a person than i am. you humbly removed the post. good for you.

12/07/2005 1:08 PM  
Blogger breanna gushed...

i don't think i could've been so humble. you further prove the points we all made about your character.

12/07/2005 2:30 PM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/08/2005 6:08 AM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

Spelled something wrong and had to delete my last comment.
I don't get it, who would criticize your Haikus? I hope mine wasn't taken seriously.

I guess there will always be people criticizing and whining. How does the song go, "The world is full of stupid people..."

12/08/2005 6:11 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

ron - i LOVED your haiku!!! please please please play the new haiku game.

basically, the blog owner that i got the idea from, got VERY hostile with me, as far as calling me the "c-word" and calling my behaivior un-christian like. she kept saying that if i were really sorry for "stealing from her" i'd prove it by removing the game. so, i felt that if that was what it would take for her to stop questioning my intentions, i had no choice but to remove the game.

but i knew you all had fun with it, so i revamped the game, credited the people who invented haiku, and started over!

the rules have changed the second time, but i hope you will still play!

12/08/2005 6:39 AM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

I respect you for being the bigger person even when (in my opinion) you did nothing wrong in the first place.

12/08/2005 7:30 AM  
Blogger Jason Hill gushed...

I understand why you pulled the other post. I just don't understand the character of someone who would cause such a big deal over something so small. Guess that's why we are only called to work on our own character and sometimes mine needs some work.

Thanks for appreciating my poem. And thank you so much for adjusting my spelling, it tormented me after I published it, but I couldn't bring myself to delete and re-post. (silly, huh?)

12/09/2005 1:04 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm sorry, but how dare you, Rebecca Marie. Seriously, to think that this sweet girl had such a cute and fun idea on her PUBLIC BLOG that you wanted to share with your PUBLIC audience as well. Clearly you did not seek permission.

But then again, last time I checked, this blog was your very own website. Right?
um, www.rebeccamariewinters.blogspot.com um, yep, still your own little piece of blogworld.

btw, does this mean I need to ask you first before commenting? aw, crap. now i'm going to have to remove myself from blogworld.

12/12/2005 9:35 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

little miss, not only may you comment without persmission, you may take what you'd like and use it on your blog!

12/13/2005 7:07 AM  
Blogger Steven gushed...

Have you ever gone to see OPB's Livewire at the Aladdin Theatre? (It's also on OPB radio)

They have an audience haiku contest.

5/30/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

steven, you totally have to play the next round...

5/30/2006 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home