i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Monday, February 07, 2005

devilish wee beasties

Gremlins are neato. Or maybe it’s gnomes, or trolls. I’m not sure, but whatever it is, they make cool crap happen. Like, there was this gremlin that lived in the front passenger wheel of Wade’s Datsun 210 (you wanna talk about a sweet ride, make that car your topic of conversation). It made a pretty sweet clanking noise, so that’s how Wade knew there was a gremlin in there.

How about the gremlins that live in your dashboard. They are pretty righteous too. The run all around, making all kinds of racket, then, when you smack the dashboard real loud? They get scared and hush up for a minute. They forget that they were supposed to be on the down-low however, and after a few minutes they start right up with the racket again.

I’m not particularly fond of the gremlins that sneak around knocking pictures off the wall. You know, they wait till you’re really distracted, like by the talking picture box, or the cat puking under the kitchen table, and they run by and knock the Van Gogh print off the wall. They always hide real real quick after they do it, too. So you whip your head around and they're nowhere to be seen, but there’s your picture, on the floor.

What mystifies me right now is the gremlin living in my shoe. I’ve got these shoes, black, with a big fat stacked heel. They’re pretty new still, but there’s a gremlin in the heel of the right shoe. I hear it in there, jazzercising or something real rowdy. I thought it was a stone or something, but I examined the heel, and there is no opening of any kind, where a stone would have slipped in. So all I can think is it was sleeping in there at the factory and when the heel got glued on, he was trapped in there.

Man, I hope my shoe doesn’t stink when it goes teats up in there.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

1 flattering compliments:

Blogger Rebecca gushed...

lookie what I did...now I can tell you all kinds of wonderful things about how you need meds or you weren't very funny today or how I agree totally with what you are saying or why birds suddenly appear everytime you are near...whatever I may feel at the time.

2/08/2005 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home