i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

abradabracadabra, i wanna reach out and slap yah

First of all, sorry for pimping one of the worst songs ever for my blog title. None of you deserved that, please accept my most humble apology.

Second… I love magicians. I think sleight of hand is just about the coolest. I don’t understand how they do it, and I don’t really care. If you know me in the real world, I’ve prolly done my one sleight of hand trick for you, and I must say, it pretty ‘bout rocks. I get nearly hypnotized by a good magician. I don’t have much time for illusionists, however, just not the flavor of magic that I enjoy.

With one exception. David Blaine. You know, the freak show who like, bites quarters in half and levitates and stuff? You may have seen him living on a post it note sized piece of plywood 97 stories above Manhattan recently, pee peeing into an Evian bottle or something. Or maybe you caught his vacation in an ice coffin. He’s pretty vicious weird, but his "magic" tricks mystify me.

So yesterday, I was on the yakkety box with my friend Spamgirl (if you enjoy reality television, you’ve probably heard of her, if not, just ask) and she tells me a story about Mr. Blaine. I’ll probably get it mostly wrong, but you’ll get the gist.

So he goes and he writes some crazy book and the idea of it was to solve some crazy riddle, or figure out the scavenger hunt booty location, or something along those lines. You’d win like, an Evian bottle full of David Blaine’s Magic Potion or something (I think she said "bag of gems" but whatever). It was clearly very unwinable.

So some chick called Jet (she’s in a band and everything, rock on, Jet!) almost solves this thing. Right on Jet! She’s like thiiiiiis close. So she goes online and asks for help. All these people start sharing information, and right when Jet was hovering on the brink of her very own bottle of David Blaine’s Magic Potion, Mr. Blaine swooped in with a vanishing trick. Mmm hmm. That’s right. All of the information sharing posts were gone. Poof! Abracadabra, you can’t win.

Good trick Mr. Blaine. I usetah like you, but now I don’t want your book or your David Blaine’s Magic Potion.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

1 flattering compliments:

Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

That rat fink no good magic man! No wonder Heart wrote that song. Plus, he's a rat fink. and a um rat.

1/26/2005 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home