i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

the decline of western civilization

So I saw this commercial for a car lot that I thought was pretty sweet. It wasn’t a big dealer, it was like Jim and his dad Bill and Bills cousin Randy and the kid from down the block who you give a job to in order to keep him from vandalizing your house, lets just call him Daryl. You know the place I mean.

So Daryl happens to be the spokesman for this particular ad. He’s standing there in front of the lot, and all the really really nice Honda CVCC’s and Toyota Celica’s and lowered Jimmy’s are all sparkly behind him.



He looks real handsome for the ad, too. A sorta ironed oxford style shirt, some faded dockers and a stylin’ skinny tie.

He looks into the camera, and says all sincere, "Come on down to Neighbor Bill’s Discount Lot where we got a deal for everyone. We offer financing to anyone the law allows, and we’ve got so many lenders that I'm almost sure there's a chance you'll get financing!"

Doooooood. I am not making this up. That is what Daryl said!

Well, listen up Daryl. At least guarantee the CHANCE of financing. Had you said that I’ve a chance at financing, maybe. But I could get there, and not even get the CHANCE for financing.

I really hope that someone reading this sees the irony that I see. What frightens me? And I’m serious; this kind of stuff can keep me up at night. What frightens me is that most of the general public will not even get my point.

I think I’m gonna cry.

arrivederci, rebecca marie

0 flattering compliments:

Post a Comment

<< Home