i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

as it turns out, i don't have all of the answers

I like to think that I possess above average intelligence, Actually, I know that I do. My IQ is 135, and 126 – 135 is considered "gifted borderline genius." One more point and I’d be considered "highly gifted and appearing to be a genius to most others." That could have been the difference between having eaten breakfast or not the day of the test. There are some things I struggle with. For example, I have a tendency to over apostrophize. I get to typing in the yakkety box and I put apostrophes in where they don’t go. That’s just one silly example of something that I struggle with. I figure, there is so much stuff in my brain, I just can’t fit the rules of apostrophizing in there (hee hee, I love that word!).

However. There are just some things that I just don’t get. If I don’t get them, with my above average intelligence, how is man-about-town supposed to get it?

Like the vanity plate I saw the other day that said "wrekt." Hmm? I’m sorry, but what?

Or the voice over ad I just heard on the radio that said "You can’t count on the guy in front of you to use his turn signal, but you can count on Liquid Plumber." Wait, what?

Or the "fun fact" I heard last Friday (I wrote this down, so I’d remember it, I was so baffled) that stated the following; If half of the people who watch the super bowl discuss it for 10 minutes during the work day, and the average wage per hour of the demographic that watches the super bowl is $25.00 per hour, it will cost American employers $212,000,000.00. Who figures this stuff out? I don’t get this.

What about the fact that I’m not Irish, yet people still expect me to wear green on March the 17th?

Or Mayonnaise. I don’t get that.

How about people who send you email forwards without cleaning them up so that you can see everyone who they sent it to? I don’t get that either.

Oh no, do you see what just happened here? I thought that I was going to tell you all about things I don’t understand. But it turned into therapy. Right on.

So, here’s a picture of something else I don’t get. For no good reason.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

0 flattering compliments:

Post a Comment

<< Home