i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

it should be free,

but with an extensive screening process to weed out the unworthy.

i have room in my home, food in my cupboard, a supportive extended family, a diverse and accepting social group, a church circle that acts like jesus, an unquenched and almost painful thirst for more children and most of all, enough love in my heart.

what i lack is thousands of dollars. and that's how much i would need to do this.

and i think that is a huge part of what is wrong with this world.

arrivederci, rebecca marie

7 flattering compliments:

Blogger Lori Ann gushed...

yea, when ron and i lived in missouri, we were looking into adopting from a christian group. they wanted a % of our yearly income up front and then the rest(a large sum)at time of adoption. i guess i understand it in some ways, but still it does leave out your normal working joes who don't have $$$ just around and also the legal fees.
we still would like to persue this sometime...it always weighs heavy on my heart.

10/17/2006 2:46 PM  
Blogger James T Wood gushed...

We definitely want to adopt. There are just so many kids who need a loving home.

10/17/2006 7:07 PM  
Blogger Jess gushed...

Ryan and I are wanting to adopt. We are kind of at a weird point right now because we want more children, but don't know if I can really handle going through another pregnancy. On the other hand we don't have the thousands to go through adoption, but we want our kids close together... Where does that leave us? I wish I could just go get one of those little babies who needs me!

10/18/2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger breanna gushed...

well if it wasn't for your stupid pre-men-no-pause you could have a baby for me!

one of my newest career dreams is to get into adoption services as a therapist. if i get that job, i'll just smuggle a kid for you for free...kinda like how some people steal post-its and highlighters from their offices...

10/18/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger bscarter gushed...

Yeah, I never thought the latest trend for celebs would be collecting third world children.

10/18/2006 6:35 PM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

Have you ever wondered how some people who abuse kids become foster parents? That blows me away. Are these the ones not good enough to adopt or do they have a different screening process.

Anyway--it seems to always be about the bucks.

Ron

10/19/2006 3:01 PM  
Blogger emilykaypeters gushed...

When we open our orphanage you can definatly be our first client.. We won't charge oodels of money for it, because there are laws that prevent people from doing it (but do the listen to them.. no of course not).. anywho..

10/21/2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home