i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

if you don't know me, don't call me

So here's why I'm not a big fan of whoever had my new number before me.

This is a transcript of the phone call that I just received;

Me – Hello?

Annoying person that I feel slightly sorry for because of how she has to make a living, from here forward known as “Sheila” – Hello, this is Sheila

Me – Hi?

Sheila – I’m calling from the chiropractic office located on Molalla (mow-lah-luh) Avenue in Oregon (ore-EE-gone) City.

Me – Well, you’re clearly not calling from Oregon City or you would know how to pronounce Oregon.

Sheila – What did I say?

Me – You said “ore-EE-gone.” Oregon is pronounced, “ORE-ih-guhn,” not “ore-EE-gone.”

Sheila – Oh, did I say “ore-EE-gone?”

Me – Yes, you did.

Sheila – Well, I’m actually from a call center.

Me – Well, I’m actually not interested, good bye.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

arrivederci, rebecca marie

8 flattering compliments:

Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

I love the ones "hi there! you entered one of our sweepstakes and you have won a prize!"

Really? Where did I enter this contest?

Click....

Or, the radio add that was on in Portland last fall telling us all about the sale in Vancouver, Salem and Tiggerd. It's called research people...

7/21/2005 9:47 AM  
Blogger James T Wood gushed...

Dumb people are dumb, and I don't like them.

7/21/2005 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

I love pointing out people's stupidity over the phone. I once had a really interesting conversation with a woman where I have my car loan.

7/21/2005 12:38 PM  
Blogger Tim gushed...

Good job.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode:

Telemarketer calls

Jerry: I'm actually kind of busy right now, can you give me your home number so I can call you back? Oh, you don't like people you don't know calling you at home and bothering you? Now you know how I feel. *click*

7/21/2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

that reminds me of the time i was babysitting (i think i might have been 12 years old) and the kids were watching "lamb chops play along" (remember that show?) and the lady (was her name Sharie?) pronounced Oregon or-EE-Guhn too and i thought in my 12 year old brain "curse you for teaching milliions of children the WRONG way to pronounce the name of such a beautiful state!"

7/21/2005 3:23 PM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

In fact, you were nicer than I ever am. I just cut them off in the middle of the first sentence and say, "Thanks, I'm not interested, bye." and hang up. Occasionally I feel guilty. Usually this is when my sister reminds me that she works at a calling center. :)

7/22/2005 6:47 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

my man and i were on mt tabor having a nice hike and looking at the city when "they" called on his cell. he usually answers numbers he doesn't recognize (i DON'T!) so he answered and politely told them he wasn't interested, but they just kept talking and talking and he couldn't even get a word in and finally he just hung up . . . and we kept hiking.

7/22/2005 10:17 AM  
Blogger Scrapping Dani gushed...

I usually don'r pick up the phone when it says unavailable. When I do pick it up and just hang it up in mid sentence because I don't have the time to listen to the bull they have to say. A few times Gabe has picked up the phone and asked for their number so we can call them when they are sitting down for dinner. We kept getting calls for a credit card company and finally I answered it and they started talking. I said "are you kidding me with this? You call me maybe 10 times a day just to offer me a credit card? I said don't call her again.". Then they called later one when Gabe was home and I told Gabe what I told them earlier and he told them I said not to call earlier that day and he said the same thing "DON'T call here." So 1 hour later what do they do? Call AGAIN. I HATE TELEMARKETERS.

7/24/2005 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home