i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

everyone's gotta soapbox

Sometimes people are just begging for me to hate them. I’ll give you a quick example. I have a hard time saying no to kids selling stuff, pretty much I’m a sucker. I was coming out of the grocery store on Friday, and the girl scouts were there. So, when the sweet little nine year old said “Ma’am? Would you like to buy some cookies?” I wheeled my cart right on over.

So there I am, buying my cookies, when the sweet little girl repeats her schpeel to the woman behind me. The woman says to the girl “Well, I don’t know, are the girl scouts still putting partially hydrogenated vegetable oil in their cookies?”

The poor little girl was dumbstruck. She just stared, open mouthed at the woman. So the woman says, “Well, lemme read the ingredients…”

I was unable to resist comment, so I said to the woman, “Oh, just buy the cookies and crumble them up and feed them to the birds!”

Her reply? “Well! I really don’t think that it would be very healthy for the birds, either!”

I’m not kidding. Woman! Get off your zero Trans fat high horse and at least be kind to the girl scouts! Be healthy, fine. Just don’t make the little nine-year-old feel bad about it.

So I leave the store, and she leaves too, and she’s all shaking her head in disgust. Man, I really wish I’d bet the girl scouts mom what kind of car the Trans fat woman was driving, cause I would’ve nailed it. Subaru Outback. Could it possibly have been anything else?

What makes me the happiest about all of this? She’s somewhere telling this story right now, and I’m the bad one in her version and it’s cementing her case for over-all hatred. Right On.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

2 flattering compliments:

Blogger Rebecca gushed...

I heart your granola lovin, sock with sandal pic today!

2/21/2005 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

whoaa... I'm another Subaru Outback driver who doesn't eat girl scout cookies. Not cuz they are unhealthy but cuz they taste like crap :-)

Go for a test drive in one of the outbacks and maybe you'll see the light!

4/28/2005 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home