i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

i fear change

(watch out, in the following two sentences I’m going to pretend to be from the UK and Texas, it’s gonna be awesome) My favourite colour is black. All y’all who want to tell me that black is not a colour can just cool it. It is to me, so there.

Maybe I like it too much though. Today, I’m wearing black shoes, black socks, black pants, a black shirt, and a black pashmina. Actually, rarely am I not wearing black. My coat is black, my denim coat has a black fur collar (rabbit, and it’s real too, thank you Janni Laine), all but one pair of slacks are either black or grey. I’ve about forty black turtlenecks. Probably fifteen pairs of black underwear (why is it called a pair?). Black socks too, they are everywhere.

Now, you are probably picturing that I’m some goth girl. Well, you just couldn’t be further from the truth. Nothing goth about me.

Anyway, the only reason that I’m telling you all this today, is that I’m gearing up for a change. Up to this point, I’ve been so happy about my love of black and happy to surround myself with so many nice black things. But, this morning, I was late to work because of black. I was looking for shoes, and I found SIX shoes, all black, and not a single one from the same pair. I actually shouted at my closet, I was so aggravated. I told it, "just give me a match already and I’ll wear it!" Well, it did, and it happened to be the pair with the gremlin in it, so that was fine. But it was too late, and then, so was I. And then? My boss beat me to the office.

So now, I’m going to have to buy some things more representative of the rainbow. The last thing I want is to lose my job over my love for black and then have to hate it forever.

Don’t cry black! I didn’t mean it!! I take it back! I'm sooo sorry! I will always love you!



arrivederci, rebecca marie

0 flattering compliments:

Post a Comment

<< Home