i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Monday, January 16, 2006

will you promise not to tell?

So you know postsecret? I have some ideas for some secrets I may send in. They are not really my secrets, I'm just making them up so that I'll have something more fun than "I hate my body (which i totally DON'T)" to send in.

Here're some I'm thinking about;

I think killing animals is wrong, so I poke holes in the meat packages at stores hoping to rot the meat and give carnivores food poisoning.

I was so jealous that I didn't make the homecoming court that I stole the hairspray out of the bags of the girls who did.

At Christmas time, I break all of the candy canes I see.

I make scary faces at kids in carts at the market, just to make them cry.

When I get an aisle seat on a plane, I pretend I'm sleeping and trip people.

I stole every pair of underwear I've worn since I was 19.

I cheated on my SAT then blamed depression when I failed out of university.

It's not that I think text messaging is stupid like I say I do, it's that I'm too stupid to figure it out.

At the last party he threw, I stole his yearbook. The one I'd written "i love you" in.

I slept with the best man. No, not sex, but sleeping. Sleeping with him was the safest I ever felt.

I am a closet pyromaniac. I'm also afraid of being burned, so it's a safe balance, so far.

My bra and underwear ALWAYS match.

I still watch Saved by the Bell. Daily. Because I taped them all in chronological order and also because they are my only friends.

So anyway, maybe I'll send some in, maybe not, too. If any of my lies ever get posted, I'll let you all know!



arrivederci, rebecca marie

18 flattering compliments:

Blogger Sarah gushed...

My fave is the first one. I vote you send that in!

1/16/2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Greg the Surly gushed...

You could just send in one that says "I lied about my postsecret".

1/16/2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

funny greg... what i actually want to do is something v. similar... i want to send in a bunch of lies, and then compile a post card with mini pictures of all of the lies that get posted with a final message "i lied about my secrets."

great, now someone is going to steal my idea, aren't they?

1/16/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Norman gushed...

You know what... I think ALL OF THOSE ARE TRUE!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!

NORMAN!

1/16/2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Erika gushed...

While I was reading this, my daughter walked up and said, "Look there's a little girl getting a letter. Is it me?" I told her, "Yes, yes it is." Does that make them her secrets now?

1/17/2006 6:46 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

erika, that was the cutest thing. thanks for telling me... made my morning.

1/17/2006 7:29 AM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

norman, possibly true of other people, but i promise not of me... although thank you for thinkng i am too stupid to text message (wink wink).

1/17/2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 gushed...

You forgot to mention all your wonderful inventions!

I invented wonderful.

1/17/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Mike Lewis gushed...

SUUUUUUUUURRRRRE they aren't true.

1/17/2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger Norman gushed...

but i don't know how to text message. unless e-mail or blogging contents count as a text message.

Wouldn't it be easier to just TALK to the person rather than just text back and forth? I just don't get it!

1/17/2006 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

What about that big lie about your thing that you do? You know the one, about the thing, with the stuff...you know.

Yeah that one.

1/17/2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

oh. wow. no way!

you are a genius.

and yes, i agree with loo, you should make a postcard that lists all your inventions . . . in haiku form.

1/18/2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger ryan gushed...

Hey a ran across your blog that was linked a friend of mine. I love Portland area I live in the NW and and have many living in the SE down 71th and duke. and I my wife live up in Vancouver for while before heading back to michigan. have a great one

1/18/2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger bscarter gushed...

You should say "I'm thinking about suing postsecret."

Just for the hell of it.

1/20/2006 1:23 PM  
Blogger car gushed...

oh, I misunderstood, I thought we were playing the secret game and I was leaving my name, address, and lies about being a filthy hippy and everything! You almost got me Rebecca Marie!

1/21/2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

i heart text messaging.

why? because then i don't actually have to talk. I text for those short non-commital (sp?) type of convesations. You should try it.

my secret? ah, crap--I'm too honest to come up with a good lie. I'll get back to you.

1/22/2006 11:22 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

I can't spell. But that's not a secret. I'll still get back to you on this one.

1/22/2006 11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

*lmao!*

Ro
www.coffeenerves.com

1/24/2006 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home