i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Monday, January 30, 2006

visions of credit cards

So last night I had this dream that I was trying to buy a teddy bear at the Build-a-Bear Workshop. I picked out my creepy stuffingless bear, picked out my heart to put inside it (equally creepy) and was just about to get it stuffed when the lady behind the counter told me that my bear buying privileges were suspended because I owed them FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY DOLLARS.

Whatever, subconscious. If I'm going to owe anyone $490.00, it will not be them. I'd rather be dreaming about owing the Coach store, or maybe the Clinique counter. Stupid subconscious.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

16 flattering compliments:

Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

Mine would be Target. I'd love to have $490 of Target crap! mmmm...... Target......

1/30/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger punkindunkin gushed...

Aren't dreams just nutty?

I like your art, as usual, but I was almost hoping to see you have a tug o' war with a teddy bear builder (dressed head to toe in a creepy hazard suit) with a little frown on your face and a fuming black cloud above you.

And maybe if you were feeling ambitious, you could have a second panel showing your cartoon self standing outside the building, holding just a ripped teddy bear ear.

(I’m so weird sometimes.

But your art feeds into my weirdness cause it’s so funky and cool looking!)

1/30/2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger stephc gushed...

That dream sounds like it could have been the result of a late night latte and way to much kid tv! Wouldn't it be fun if we could pick our own dreams! I would go somewhere glamorous every night! Or maybe I would just sleep. I wonder . . . if you dream about sleeping when you are sleeping would say three hours a night feel like six...hmm wouldn't that be lovely:)

1/30/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

Did your bear have a voice recording in it? Those are the best and the creepiest!

If I owed someone $490... it'd have to be to the Gap or Express right now. I haven't been clothes shopping in way too long.

1/31/2006 6:35 AM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 gushed...

I do owe someone $490 ... and then some. It's called BSC's new ride.

If I had a choice I would owe Norstroms or Anthropologie.

Mmmmmm, clothes.

1/31/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

I get those dreams once in a while. Mine would be books!

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

1/31/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

did your bear have a voice box inside it with a special message?

1/31/2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

my kids love to go "play in the teddy bear store"...shhh, don't tell them it's really a place you purchase and stuff animals! There are no other playgrounds around here.

and yes, $490 is about right for one of those stupid things.

1/31/2006 8:18 PM  
Blogger Norman gushed...

Rebecca, can I steal your scrolling marquee for my blog?? I heart it!!!!

norm

2/01/2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

of course! taking ideas from other peoples blogs is the fun of it! need the code?

2/01/2006 5:34 PM  
Blogger Norman gushed...

Ummm.... nope, I just viewed source on your blog page and found it!! BUT! If I'm as stupid as my little anonymous says, then I'll surely shout out to you for help.

THANKS!!!! You'll get credit of course! ;-)

Norman! (very excited now!)

2/01/2006 6:45 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

oooooh... norman, what does view source mean? must. learn. new. thing.

2/01/2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger Norman gushed...

LOL!! See where it says File, Edit, VIEW, Favorites, Tools and Help up in your menu bar?? Click on View, and then select View Source or Source, whichever yours says. It'll bring up whatever code you have on your page.

That being said, how do I stop my little scroller from showing up on everysingle post?? (You can view source on my blog and tell me what I did wrong if you want to practice this new skill I told ya about!)

Norman!

2/01/2006 7:34 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

whoops, i wasn't fast enough... good job, norman.

2/01/2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Scrapping Dani gushed...

I love build A Bear. I have 2 Christmas bears from there for my christmas decorations and my kids have bears too. It is fun. The look on my kids faces are the best. I would rather my kids get bear clothes from there to dress their bears then buy those stupid looking Fashion Bratz dolls.

Although when you pick up any unstuffed animal from there it looks like road kill until you fluff it.

2/02/2006 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

This build a bear thing perplexes me. I hear it's all the shiz now, but I don't get it. I'm so out of the loop.

I'd probably end up owing Kaiser money...even my subconscious hates all my guts. lol

2/08/2006 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home