i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Monday, May 02, 2005

what do you stand for

A while back, I wrote a little entry-pooh about my take on bumper stickers. My entry for today will be a wee bit about those dealie-bobs that go around the license plate. What inspired me to write about was the one I saw on the way to work this morning. Here is what it said, “Blondes are Better. Sorry about your luck.” Whah? Better than what? Blondes are better than football? Blondes are better than rubber bands? Blondes are better than twelve long stemmed roses? I mean. I’m not stupid. I get that the message is “People with blonde hair are better than people with different coloured hair, and also are better than people with no hair at all, and if you don’t have blonde hair, it must be because you have bad luck. Too bad for that.” But really. People. Is this really a topic that you feel so passionate about that you have to strap it ‘round your license plate?

Don’t get me wrong, I would, in fact, right now, rather be shopping at Nordstrom. I simply don’t feel the need to advertise that with a gold plated license plate frame.

I saw one once that said “Wrangler butts drive me nuts.” Actually, I’ve seen that several times. It just made me sad for the poor girl (or guy, I suppose) driving the car. Did she (or, he, I suppose) really think that some hunk-uh-hunk-uh-burnin’ cowperson was gonna start frantically honking and waving their phone number out the window? I don’t really know what they were hoping to accomplish with this message.

Oh, and by the way? Telling me that you “brake for garage sales” will not make me more aware of your brake lights than anyone else on the road. I plan on tailgating you just as bad as the next guy, probably more, actually.

As far as your pets go, advertising how much you heart your pomeranian/shih-tzu/snow cat/whatever only makes me think that you must stink like a litter box.

I have no idea what license plate frame I could ever see that would make me feel so passionate about it that I would actually put it on my car.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

arrividerci, rebecca marie

8 flattering compliments:

Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

"Look what I got! Now people will stop intentionally ramming our car."

-- Marge Simpson, after buying a "Baby On Board" sign

5/02/2005 10:35 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

my sister has a bumper sticker (i know this belongs in the bumperblog not the roundthelicenseplateblog) that says, "jesus loves you, is the feeling mutual?" and it kind of ticks me off, because it sounds soooo freakin' snobby . . . like, "hey dude, you'd better love jesus back or else . . ."
mostly, i just don't put stuff on my car.
we used to have a "dan's suv" license plate frame from when we bought our car at, imagine this, dan's suv. but when we found out that dan himself was a real life crook, we took that thing right off and stopped supporting him, whatever country he has fled too by now, should surrender him to the US govt. . .

5/02/2005 11:57 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

today, on my way to lunch, i saw a candadian license plate (from Ontario) with a license plate holder that said "i 'heart' romania". . .
that's all . . .

5/02/2005 2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

I've never had a licence plate (much less a car), but my friends and I once put up a sign in our van that said:
"Honk if you love mullets"
...please just don't ask...

5/02/2005 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

cars gotta have licence plates??? since when???...... they need to tell me when they change those laws, and if I had a licence plate, should I "frame" it.. I mean what did the licence plate do to me??? oh well... best thing about that whole thing was your licence number daughter of mint... TURK 182 was a way cool movie. I wanna go around puttin graffiti on stuff like that guy in the movie did, that's a whole lot better than a stupid licence plate.. don't ya think???

5/04/2005 6:35 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

ha ha ha. dad, you rock... i knew you'd see that and get it. right on.

5/04/2005 8:47 PM  
Blogger Pet-tree gushed...

accually I prefer being behind someone who has the shiny, naked female sillouetts with the matching mud flaps AND the ginormous decal of the virgin Mary on the back window. Classy
(spell check sillouetts for me, would ya?)

5/05/2005 12:55 PM  
Blogger Scrapping Dani gushed...

That reminds me. The other day we were looking around at old navy and I saw a shirt that said "brunettes do it better. Well what do they do better?

5/06/2005 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home