i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

they are soooo opinionated

You know, I’m a smart woman. Successful in my job, above average intelligence (136 I.Q. thank you very much). I wish they would stop telling me what to do, what I think, and how to feel.

Seriously. They say that your cake will be fluffier if you use 7-up instead of water in the recipe. They say that you need to make sure your tire pressure is good so that you get better gas mileage. They say that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. They say that weight gain can be avoided by shaving 50 – 100 calories from your diet each day. They say that kids who are involved with music will be more successful as adults. They say that the number one fear is speaking in public. They say the truth will set you free. They say that you can tell if an egg is fresh or not by seeing if it floats in a bowl of water. They say fingernails and hair keep growing after you die. They say pregnant women glow. They say love conquers all. They say that every cigarette you smoke shortens your life by seven minutes. They say experience is the best teacher. They say that human beings only use five percent of their brains.

But who are they? I’ve never met them, but I’ve heard about them all my life. Only thing I can think is they are aliens who implant these thoughts into the minds of the innocent so that the thoughts can be vomited back out in the form of useful information. It’s all I can figure.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

arrivederci, rebecca marie

6 flattering compliments:

Blogger superflywebpimp gushed...

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." -Mark Twain

"they" are mostly idiots.

sincerely with his two cents,
superflywebpimp, genius, author, office pen thief.

4/19/2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger Tim gushed...

Be careful...THEY can hear our thoughts. *makes tin foil hat*

4/19/2005 12:19 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

to quote uma thurman in pulp fiction (one of my favorite films) "they talk a lot"

how's that tin foil hat dude?

4/19/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger Russell gushed...

They also say, "There is no "I" in TEAM."

But there is a "ME" if you take the letters and jumble them around a bit...

4/19/2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

i just did that and all i ended up spelling was "MEAT."

4/19/2005 3:04 PM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

You. Must. Resist. The. Powers.

---from your vegan, homeschooling, homebirthing pal.

4/21/2005 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home