i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Friday, April 15, 2005

stewardship in south east

Just a bit ago, there was a bomb threat at one of the finer dining establishments in South East Portland. I was driving by this particular place earlier this evening and there was a fellow out on the walkway with a sandwhich board (why this is the advertising method du jour i have no idea) advertising an apparently low price on a carton of Marlboro cigarettes. At least, I assume this is a low price, I don't smoke, so I can't be certain, but I've yet to hear of successful advertising campaign that involved boasting of inflated prices.

I'm very happy that they have decided to go this route. For two reasons. First, I'm glad to know that should I decide to take up smoking, I'll be able to do it while I dine. The second reason being that I am a firm believer that there is no better way to regain the public trust than by selling discounted tobacco.

I forcast a trend. Be on the lookout for more of this in the very near future.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

arrivederci, rebecca marie

6 flattering compliments:

Blogger Rebecca gushed...

While listening to a headset! I guess when the unemployment rate is as high as it is, you'll take any gig!

4/15/2005 9:55 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

i see the same guy every weekday as i wait to get on the freeway after work (I-84 and 181st) outside of a mattress (i think) store waving his sign and flapping his arms like he's gonna glide away . . .

4/16/2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger Paula gushed...

There's a mattress store up here that uses a guy in an Uncle Sam getup. What in the known world does Uncle Sam have to do with mattresses?!

4/18/2005 12:56 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

Only thing I can think is he wants our soldiers to have good strong backs.

4/18/2005 1:59 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

i saw a woman dressed as the statue of liberty the other day . . . not sure why. but then i saw her picture in the paper the next day! so i guess they are getting something out of it!

4/19/2005 1:05 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

last night, i noticed that my mattress guy was also wearing a fanny pack.

4/20/2005 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home