i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

what so proudly i hailed

I accidentally caught a few minutes of Jerry Springer earlier today. It was completely by mistake, and it took about an hour to stop bleeding from the eyes. I was just innocently flipping through the channels on the talking picture box when I was distracted by a man with a microphone and another man in fatigues. I thought I'd stop down for a sec and find out what the soldier was saying.

He said something like this,

"You are a dirty (sounds like war, has two of the same letters as war) and you should go back to eight mile."

Now, I don't know what that means, but I did know that it was fairly shameful for a soldier to be saying that to any woman (or for anyone to be saying that to anyone) and that's when it dawned on me. I AM WATCHING JERRY SPRINGER.

Then I saw that there was an entire row of Marines in the studio audience. I. Was. Horrified. Eeeuuuwww. What in the world were they doing wasting their leave at Jerry Springer?

Well Jerry was proud to have them in his audience, let me tell you. He invited them all up on stage with the stripper and the guy who she is sleeping with and his girlfriend and everyone sang the national anthem to them.

At first, I was blown away by the fact that all of those trashies knew the words, but then I had my second epiphone of the day. They know the words from watching all the Nascar.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

arrivederci, rebecca marie

10 flattering compliments:

Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

That's probably where all the trashers learned to drink champagne through their heads too. Shake the champagne, then pour it on your head. If it's good enough for Jeff Gordon.....

I'm so proud of our boys in cammo!
And the stripper too. Proud Proud Proud.

9/29/2005 3:44 PM  
Blogger emilykaypeters gushed...

Jerry Springer is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. I remember being in High School and we had a substitue for Band. We had to go to this large classroom and all they wanted to do was watch Jerry Springer. So, there we were a bunch of high school "band Geeks" watching people fight and get there clothes tore off.
I would be so embarassed if (for some odd reason) I was ever brought onto Jerry Springer.
And knowing that military guys were on the show, emphasises the point that Ryan makes all the time-some of them are nothing but "dirty sl**s" themselves.

9/30/2005 7:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah gushed...

What is your problem?! I watch Jerry Springer faithfully, and have not missed an episode since I quit my job when I had the twins 4 years ago.



















Yeah I know you didn't believe it either.

9/30/2005 5:35 PM  
Blogger KMiV gushed...

So is it any wonder that spousal abuse is 4 to 6 times higher in the military? Some of the training in boot camp does not seem to support godly values--my brother was a chaplain in the Marines and Navy.

Yet I have met many more young men and women who would be ashamed of those soldiers and say they don't represent the true values of the military.

But--when it comes down to it every one of them will die for our freedom. What a diverse country we live in--but I am glad they are protecting our freedom.

10/01/2005 6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

Sometimes I'll leave my TV on and when I return I find something like Jerry Springer on. I cringe that some passer-by saw it through my window and thinks I watch intentionally.

I'm vain.

10/03/2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

just be like me. we only get three channels. one of them is OPB.

10/03/2005 4:19 PM  
Blogger Mike Lewis gushed...

We used to gather in the York/Landreth lobby at Cascade (before someone Naziized it and locked it up) and would watch Springer.

It was funny to see how many people would gather in that small room to see the people behaving so poorly. This was also back before he would restrain the people fighting. They used to let them go at it for a few minutes. Now they catch them before they do anything.

Then we'd watch Jenny Jones...

10/05/2005 11:19 PM  
Blogger bscarter gushed...

It actually sounds like a touching moment.

10/06/2005 1:56 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

now the only entertaining thing to watch is initiations

10/06/2005 4:03 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

oh, thanks anonymous! i was looking for a new hobby. i'll take up cake decoration based on your fabulous personal suggestion!

it's so nice to have friends like you!

10/12/2005 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home