i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

interchangeability

Since, oh, The Marrying Man, I've been of the opinion that the Baldwins were fairly interchangeable. Yes, I realize that there's the violent one, the attractive one, the blonde one, the one no one's heard of, but basically you can lift one right out and insert another one and the general public would hardly notice.

I think that would suck real bad, sincerely. But the benefit of being a Baldwin is that you pretty much always have work. They crop up everywhere! It's phenominal. I mean, really all over the place. One of them even did Celebrity Mole and I think one of them even showed up in like, Thomas the Tank Engine or whatever it was called.

I just did a quick internet search, and I found over fifty movies with Baldwin credits, and that was the first link.

But you know what is even sadder than being an interchangeable Baldwin? Being a DeLuise. I was watching Encino Man the other day, and there was a miscilaneous DeLuise in it, and it got me to remembering other entertainment type dealies with random DeLuise kids in it. I mean, did you even know that there were three of them? It was shocking to recall.

There was a DeLuise in that basically awesome sitcom, Jesse, a few years back.

There was a Deluise in Waynes World.

There was a DeLuise in 21 Jump Street.

Oh, no, wait. There were two Deluiseseses in 21 Jump Street.

There was even a Deluise in a Purina Benefuls commercial.

And believe you me, I could have listed fifty more DeLuise kids appearances, if I didn't have a life to live.

All I'm saying is, if I had to be interchangeable? I think I'd rather be a Baldwin than a DeLuis. At least people know who the Baldwins are, you know?, Well I mean, you know who most of them are, anyway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

arrivederci, rebecca marie

14 flattering compliments:

Blogger A Little Bar of Soap gushed...

Thanks for visiting my blog, and for giving me the link.

I'd rather be one of the Apostles.

9/15/2005 8:32 PM  
Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

If I had to be in an interchangable family, I'd want to be in one where there were both boys AND girls! Like the Arquette's. You have the odd-cool brother, the little crooked toothed sister, the older bohemian sister and the drag queen. You'd always have something to wear and great makeup!

9/15/2005 9:50 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

well for pete's freaking sake. i had no idea there was a drag queen arquette, but there he is, in all of his glory. nice pull, janni laine, nice indeedie.

9/15/2005 9:54 PM  
Blogger Lori Ann gushed...

ooo, Jannilaine wins the prize, I never new about the drag queen arquette either.
Personally, I always wanted to be an Osmond!

9/15/2005 10:14 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

when i was a kid, i always wanted to be a lawrence. i mean just think of all the cute brothers you would have! as a seventh grader, this was very appealing. until i realized that if they were my brothers, i couldn't date them. so now, i think it would just be fun to be a member of the family i was born into . . . they are a pretty active bunch! come to think of it, so i my new family . . .

9/16/2005 9:55 AM  
Blogger Mike Lewis gushed...

Or you could be a Wayans. They get everyone in their family jobs. Even their 2nd neice twice removed has a job and she's not even born yet.

The only drawback is you'd have to convert if you're white.

9/16/2005 4:35 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

dang mike! excellent. i really didn't realize there were so many interchangeable families around!

9/16/2005 4:39 PM  
Blogger Mike Lewis gushed...

Yeah, you can be Damon, Kim, Keenan Ivory, Shawn, Marlon...it's limitless who you could be.

How would you like to be black and have your mom name you ivory?

9/17/2005 7:25 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

hee hee, you are almost right, ryan. it's emilio estevez, and he's charlie sheen's brother, martin sheen's son. and i'd link to pictures if i weren't so danged tired.

9/18/2005 8:53 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

what if you were a wilson? there are LOTS of those!

9/19/2005 11:00 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

post is up about the dreads. check out the pics!

9/20/2005 10:12 AM  
Blogger bscarter gushed...

Wasn't Alec supposed to move to Canada after W won the latest election?

9/20/2005 2:53 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Andrea Wood gushed...

All I know is I wouldn't want my face in that DeLuis family portrait you put up in the post.

9/21/2005 9:20 AM  
Blogger Kristi gushed...

So the other day Allan and I are chatting online when he says, "Stephen Baldwin just walked in while I was getting coffee and said, 'Hey dude'" [Allan works at Luis Palau right now. SB is the spokesperson for their "Living It" skater ministry]. I would expect nothing more from SB. So Allan continued a fictional conversation..."My son is really into your brother's work" (Alec in Thomas the Tank Engine). To which I replied, "...and your wife really likes your other brother's work (Billy in Sliver)!" [not really - but it's a great movie to reference for a laugh]

9/22/2005 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home