i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

i've seen the face of satan

The other night I really really wanted ice cream really really bad. Bad, real bad. So I got in the car, in my yoga pants, a turtleneck, a zip up hoodie, and my socks. I didn’t feel that the occasion called for shoes. Someone told me once that it is illegal to drive without shoes, but I think they were just trying to scare me, since I do it all the time. But sometimes there just isn’t time.

Anyway, I got sidetracked. Dairy Queen is quite a way down the road, but that was what I wanted. Bad, real bad. I will settle for a McFlurry, in a pinch, but I’d rather not, as I find the word "McFlurry" offensive, and I resent McDonald's for making me say it. I can turn on the resentment for any reason, consider yourselves warned.

Man, lost my train of thought again! So anyway, I’m driving down the road to Dairy Queen, hoping the whole time that they take debit cards, as I had no cash. I got there, pulled into the drive (I’m having a hard time not rapping right now "pulled into the drive and ordered two big macs and two large fries and cokes….. " I loved D.J. Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince!) to check the window for the old visa logo.

Well, I didn’t see it, and I had on no shoes, so I couldn’t go in and ask, and I refuse to be the idiot stuck sandwiched in the take away line who can’t pay but can’t get out, so I left. And headed for the Golden Arches onaccountabecause like I said, I really really wanted ice cream. Bad, real bad.

So about halfway there? I realized my debit card was at home on my desk, cause I’d been doing a wee bit of shopping online. So I had to go home. With. No. Ice. Cream.

And that my friends? Is what evil feels like.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

1 flattering compliments:

Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

The forces of evil were against you. Plain and simple. But my questions is what do 'the forces' have against ice cream? I mean, seriously? Maybe if they weren't so busy ruining someones night and ate some ice cream themselves....

2/25/2005 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home