i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

bet you wish i was your mom

so last night, me and the mister were watching a moving picture show on the glowing box and the she-spawn wouldn't go to sleep. so me and the mister were all like "listen to the he-spawn's ipod while you lay on the couch." you know... so that mayhap she'd go nuh-night and the mister could carry her up to her bed.

so anyway she was wearing only her grunders and a bathing suit over them (cause she's awesome like that, and she had decided that those would make good pyjamas), and she suddenly gets up and takes off the bathing suit and lays back down. then the conversation went like this.

she-spawn - (yelling) these underwear are so tight that they are making a red wrinkle!

me - then take them off and go put on different ones.

she-spawn - (pulling out ipod speakers [i can't say "earbuds," sick.]) what did you say mommy?

me - i said... that is a wish wrinkle! touch it and make a wish.

she-spawn - you mean like, "i wish fergus was back?"

me - no, he's in heaven and he is happy there.

she then placed her hand on her wish wrinkle and closed her eyes and reverently wished her wish.

dang, being a mom is awesome.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

10 flattering compliments:

Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

And I wish she didn't spout out those techey words at bfast this morning. I mean seriously? Did she really say to me 20 megabites?

4/04/2007 5:42 PM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

spent the afternoon with a friend and her spawn yesterday and one of our conversations went like this:

the mom: we went to the zoo sunday to see captain bog and salty (a pirate band) and it was spawnnumber3s birthday and guess who sang to her?

me: spawnnumber3, did real pirates sing happy birthday to you on sunday?

spawnnumber3: no, they weren't real pirates. they were human beings dressed up as pirates! duh!

4/05/2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown gushed...

Hey, I'm really sorry about you losing the Dannilynn paternity suit.

4/19/2007 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

I don't know if Jasmine can ever meet you because she might want to adopt you as her mum.

4/27/2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger emilykaypeters gushed...

that's awesome. i can't wait until jez is saying crazy things like that

4/28/2007 7:30 AM  
Blogger Candice gushed...

That is so hilarious that you call your daughter she-spawn. I thought we were the only ones that did that! I found you through someone else's blog, I don't even know. I get so caught up in this stuff. Feel free to check mine out!

5/02/2007 1:08 PM  
Blogger Ryan gushed...

hmmm

5/14/2007 1:30 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS gushed...

oh i so love your little drawings!!

6/17/2007 2:42 PM  
Blogger Pet-tree gushed...

hey I sent you an email.

7/31/2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger Tim gushed...

Bet I wish you would write more.

8/29/2007 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home