i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Friday, March 18, 2005

there is a lot of graffiti on my train of thought

I’ve received so many emails in the last week asking me if I would be so kind as to describe to my faithful readers just how I come up with the amusing entries that I post. Actually, that’s not true. I’ve not received any more than five emails asking, I didn’t actually count, but it was around five.

I’m sort of getting embarrassed now. I only received one email asking me. But, as I value that one email, oh so much, I will grace the sender with a response.

I’m going to give you a sampling of how my mind operates. From 1:45 till 1:48, I kept track of all of the miscelaneous thoughts that entered the brain that is the hub of Rebecca Marie. Let’s have a look, shall we?

I wonder what my fish’s bloodworm food smells like. How come I have voice mail on my phone, I swear I never walked away from it. I wonder how old those cough drops are. When did my lightbulb burn out. How many file folders can I cut through at once. I wish my stapler would run out of staples so that I could fill it back up. That boy who just walked down the hall smells like outside. I like the lead that you put in mechanical pencils. Why did the tator tot make that noise when Napoleon bit into it. On that note that I wrote over there is that an e or an o. I like The Three Amigos, I should go to eBay and buy it. I wish I had some pretzels to bite the salt off of. That candle sure smells good. I prefer the old stamps that you lick. I wish I had hair things here to put my piggie tails in. My lips are dry. Oh, there’s my lip balm. Why did Seann Hammond not notice that there were two post-it notes when he stuck that on my monitor. Probably because two is a theme with him. Two ns in Seann, two ms in Hammond. He’d probably like the way I double up on my ls. My phone sure is dusty. I wonder if there are any new mug shots on The Smoking Gun.

I swear, that is three minutes of thought. Somebody help me. Wait, no, don’t. I do enjoy my very own insanity.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

arrivederci, rebecca marie

p.s. they say confession is good for the soul (whoever they are). no one sent me an email like that at all. i think everyone is afraid to find out how my mind works. can't say i blame them.

5 flattering compliments:

Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

If only you could type faster. I KNOW there was more than that. I KNOW IT. Like, you totally forgot about....

3/18/2005 3:39 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

right-o. the only problem? i already type faster than practically anyone that i know, and if you wanna know the truth, i didn't want to frighten anyone.

3/18/2005 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous gushed...

I just found your blog and I. Can't. Stop. Reading. It. Help. Me. Please!

I'm fascinated... Write a book - I'll buy it, I swear.

BTW, you look just like my best friend from high school... Freaky. I miss her.

3/18/2005 4:48 PM  
Blogger rebecca marie gushed...

Fatty!!! Whoooooo are you? Who Who, Who Who! (please hear me singing that to you rather than just read the words, you're getting a serenade you lucky luck). I actually am writing, two books, and if only I knew who you were, I'd send you signed copies when I finally get them done! E-mail me! rebecca-marie@hotmail.com Also, this is not my real name (well, not all of it), so... could I be your missing friend? Who knows.....

3/18/2005 6:09 PM  
Blogger breanna gushed...

even scarier than your thought flow...it all made perfect sense to me. i mean...to the point where i was like "what's odd about that??" i can't tell you how often people respond to things i say with "where did THAT come from?!?!" and i think..."helooo! can't you keep up?"

Glad i'm not the only one.

3/21/2005 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home