i found in my pursuit of God that He was much more hotly in pursuit of me.

Friday, April 07, 2006

i could've won an oscar

Well well well, aren't you all just proud of yourselves! So many of you guessed correctly. Had I told you that it was my drama teacher in a previous post, I bet even more of you would have been right.

It was choice number one, and my partner in crime was Shanna. Her persona was a retail manager at the mall who was being propositioned by her married manager (the d.j. felt free to proposition as well, by the way...).

We called all the time. Several times a week. We called him to update him on our "lives," and we called him to suggest songs for other lovelorn listeners. Those were fun calls.

So imagine the surprise of the D.J. when the station did a concert ticket give-away at the grocery store I was a checker for. I walked up to him in the tent in the parking lot and said, "Nice to meet you, Craig, I'm Rebecca Marie..." he said "Nice to meet you." Then I said, "Ah'm also Dahr-Leen." Oh man. I really wish I had a picture of his face. It was priceless, as you can imagine.

I wonder if I should resurect her? I bet there are people in the Portland area who wondered how her story turned out.



arrivederci, rebecca marie

6 flattering compliments:

Blogger JanniLaine gushed...

I felt, like, famous or something when I'd hear ol' Darlene. It was the funniest! And Rebecca-Marie can pull anything off without laughing. I'd do the cracking up for both of us!

Love this game BB!

4/07/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger tabitha jane gushed...

super!

4/07/2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Lori Ann gushed...

that just sounded more like you!
im a winner!

4/07/2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger LoriLoo310 gushed...

Yay! I was right, I was right!

4/07/2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger James T Wood gushed...

Being wrong is sad for me.

4/08/2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger Tim gushed...

Next year, I should do this and put three things that aren't true and laugh at everyone.

4/08/2006 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home